Dreamworld December Update 2019

15 hours ago, Flynn_Smith said:

On the side of the road as you drive into the park. Behind the train tracks.

Was going to ask if this was it, but then Jdude said it was on the actual theatre pad... nevermind. Nearmap hasn't been updated for dreamworld since the start of November.

image.thumb.png.9df526ab6d22c500deb6525c0cd0ee58.png

9 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Apparently what we want is backdrops for instagram photos, a shaded seating area (aka a carport) and nachos...  

There's shade?

57 minutes ago, themagician said:

With the wiggles at the park today it’s going to be a very busy day, if anyone is there and passes throughout Ocean Parade, it would be good to hear how much the seating space is utilised

Today is a cloudy day so any use of the area would be a false reading. 

Have never understood extending the training the morning instead of the evening. From the point of view of 'get guests in the park'? Fine makes sense. For ever other matrix though it makes no sense. Try and get extra meal service? Won't happen in the morning. Extra ride capacity? We'll most guests don't get there till later so not so much demand. 

The only thing I can say in their defense is when they did trading till 6 last year the place was pretty empty come 5.30. I think that'll happen when there isnt any effort made to keep guests in longer as they're pretty well trained to leave at 5 these days. For my taste though it's sad to see Village's poor attitude to extended trading come to Dreamworld (Yeah I went there).

Edited by joz
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Technically the whole park is a shaded seating area today.

This has been DW's plan all along now that DW has developed cloud control.

1 minute ago, joz said:

Village's poor attitude to extended trading come to Dreamworld (Yeah I went there).

Somebody had to speak the truth.

• Like 3

open later.

offer a twilight ticket price

offer special dinner menu options

put on extra entertainment

It doesn't have to be halloween or christmas special events to trade later - overseas parks manage it all the time. Wonderland's summer $5 after 5pm, while the ticket price needs adjustment, worked really well and brought in a whole new 'finished school \ work' crowd to enjoy the park in the cool of the afternoon\evening.

I agree Joz, its frustrating they don't seem to grasp the concept - although I suppose WnW's return of the movies is a step in the right direction.

• Like 5

When the park last had there night time summer event, they offered the after 4pm ticket, which was a great deal, and myself, along with family and friends all took advantage of it. We spent a couple hours at WWW until it closed, went had dinner in DW, then did a few rides and then watched the show. It was a fantastic night and the park still kept a good crowd without it being crazy 

• Like 1

It is just a sad, sad time for a theme park when so much discussion is devoted to a new 'seating' area and the map is even being updated to incorporate it. You can sit anywhere. Nobody goes to a theme park to sit. It is NOT an attraction. I was walking through a shopping centre the other day and saw a large vacant shopfront that had been filled with a temporary albeit nice looking kids play area. It looked identical to DW's seating area. This was a temporary empty shop filler in a Westfield. The other is a permanent addition in a theme park. So sad

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Slick said:

Moving forward - what would you like to see in Ocean Parade?

If the ocean theme is remaining, perhaps an ocean-themed ride? With Wipeout gone, and Luna Park's old arrow coaster, HWSW, being the main feature of the area, the Ocean Parade theme is a bit stretched. Assuming with space restraints it would need to be another flat or ideally compact flat/coaster hybrid?

The area only has 3 rides now, but it used to have 6. A new attraction in the trolls area would be great. If Gamesite isn’t making good money, get rid of it. Reduce the size of the flow rider store and remove the briefing building of the laser skirmish and that doubles the available land of Ocean Parade, that could really get a great flat ride or something better. This area was once thriving and now I feel it’s the weakest area of the park.

• Like 5