Dreamworld December Update 2019

On 14/12/2019 at 2:58 PM, Slick said:

Moving forward - what would you like to see in Ocean Parade?

I guess its no secret by now that someone here works for Dreamworld. (And the Magician's post, and recent SkyVoyager video update discussions kind of makes that clear, so this isn't an attempt at doxxing), but it just made me laugh about how 'pro VRTP' Parkz was accused to be just a few years ago, and now the positive news stories and other discussions just amuses me...

On 06/07/2017 at 2:31 PM, Skeeta said:

This editorial comes across that Parkz is receiving something in return to advertise for it.   I have had 6 members from Parkz ask me in a roundabout way if Parkz is now owned by Village.   A funny member also sent me this.

jungle_paper_puppets_01b.thumb.jpg.f58ee9a778e43d5f90e971342aa9c844.jpg

(This is not to be disrespectful but what people are saying)

Is this the direction Parkz is going?

As for Ocean Parade, before Dreamworld builds anything else in OP, they need to balance the park out with attractions a little more spread out, and fix up some of the mess, and hodge podge that exists both in OP and elsewhere.

OP needs a better anchor attraction than HWSW, but i'm not necessarily calling for removal of HWSW either. Its really hard to say what DW needs as there's a lot of mismanagement, empty holes left from previously removed rides that haven't been adequately filled, and a lot of rides poorly placed that are not financially viable to relocate to fix the problem, meaning DW is stuck with that placement for quite some time.

• Like 2

- Tailspin has audio of planes playing now

- Giant Drop has an additional queue sign above the staircase 

- Fencing has been put up at the path under Giant Drop

- Fully Six has also had fencing put up to create a queue

Edited by Gold Coast Amusement Force
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

For the enjoyment of those who don’t want to give me precious clicks.

You need to get yourself a girlfriend.

11 hours ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

CD54C75F-E730-427F-8397-C00A087BF6F2.png

65183EBD-B58E-42E0-B784-A4B69E0D9C76.png

From the park that brought you "Aerial Path Maze: The Ride" comes "Ground Level Path Maze: The Ride (Next Generation)"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, themagician said:

Does anyone know if that wave mural next to Fully 6 has always been there? This area of the park was one that I never ventured into (and honestly was probably one of the best spots, especially for the toilets). 

The mural has only recently been painted.

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

From the park that brought you "Aerial Path Maze: The Ride" comes "Ground Level Path Maze: The Ride (Next Generation)"

Welcome to "I won't look for myself so they have to make it difficult to stop me being run over by a train abomination"

Take the warning labels off hair dryers I say!

2 hours ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

You are a prick. 

Thankyou for noticing!

1 hour ago, red dragin said:

Welcome to "I won't look for myself so they have to make it difficult to stop me being run over by a train abomination"

Take the warning labels off hair dryers I say!

They have boom gates \ proper "ding ding lights" over by billabong. Walking through a rat trap with no ACTUAL barrier to stop morons is pointless. I think state railway authorities around the country have shown the most suitable level crossing barriers, which (it has to be said) would actually fit the fucking theme

It doesn't look like gates and bells are going in, no footings in sight.

Some "Look for Trains" signs should be sufficient, there are plenty of passive warned crossings around outside the Brisbane Metro area.

I think (don't quote me though) that the Dreamworld Railway is somehow classified as an amusement ride vs a railway, so their requirements are different to a railway.

55 minutes ago, themagician said:

While I think it’s fantastic they’ve finally built this new path for easier flow, that fencing is very poor and will cause bottlenecks to occur if two families try to cross paths 

Just like the gates at Main Street. It’s a poorly conceived idea. That said this is the 3rd installation of this type of crossing gate now at the park, so they seem to be the flavour of the month (or years).

Its an ok idea for a low traffic path, but high traffic..

Wonder if we will ever see the steam train return...