Dreamworld December Update 2019

The pre-existing rolling gate is still there which shuts off the pathway. Likewise the fencing looks to be of a gate like construction, so in events where the train is not running, it can be closed off so it stops people from exploring.

I remember a time when gates weren’t needed, people obeyed the footpaths. Those times are sadly no more.

So waiting for MDMC this afternoon, it’s running 2 trains which was super efficient when we rode it in the AM, but now every second 2nd cycle is going out empty. When I ask why this is occurring I was told “it’s too quiet for 2 trains we only run 2 if the line is down the ramp, it doesn’t make it any slower doing it this way when it’s quiet”. 

hmmm... strange as I could have sworn all harnesses need to still be cross-checked, side gates opened, another cross check before dispatch. All of this taking at least 1-2 mins which could have been spend loading the next group on the train they just cleared for dispatch.  so we now have 7 ride ops working and pushing out, at the most, 16 riders every 5-6mins... 

Even stranger, Mr Yong appears up the exit ramp and suddenly....2 train operation Immediately begins again before he’s even had a chance to speak to anyone... 

Edited by Slick
Joke removed because we can't have nice things.

It is frustrating when staff are inefficient when loading just because the queue is small. I recall a year ago when staff would frequently load TOT once every 10 or so minutes just because the queue was only a few cycles long. You would hear them talking in the operating room while guests are waiting to be loaded. 
Safe to say since the change in management, I haven’t seen this behaviour in staff anymore.

Mr Yong sure knows how to operate a themepark looking back at previous management I think Dreamworld would've been screwed forever. 

No slide refurbishments

No new rides 

No new foot paths 

No renovations to the park 

No night time events 

No holiday events 

No nothing FULL STOP 

Edited by Slick
Joke removed because we can't have nice things.

From all reports, Greg is a good guy, but he is also the COO, and a very hands on COO at that. I’d say the change in operations (ie increase in efficiency) is certainly related to the management shuffle, which saw Mr Yong get given a spot at the top. The place has had a major management clear out, and with said clear out comes new methods and ideas. Ironic that for the first time in what seems like 2 centuries Dreamworld is being congratulated for its operations, where as the joint down the road is being laughed at... yes this is all a dream right?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jdude95 said:

The upside of 2 train operations, the park is finally busy enough to warrant the second train again.

Although @Brad2912 said the queue wasn’t long. Also, when I’ve been at Dreamworld these holidays, the crowds haven’t been impressive. It’s been rather quiet, WWW is doing well though.

Edited by Gold Coast Amusement Force

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Dano46610 said:

Geh the complaints coming through that the Ferris wheel is so hot firing summer needs air conditioning

I’ve worked out you probably meant during* but the suggestion of air conditioning is stupid. 

Steel ride with Perspex windows gets hot in summer, surprise! 

14 hours ago, Dano46610 said:

Geh the complaints coming through that the Ferris wheel is so hot firing summer needs air conditioning

I did some looking into your statement, one person commented saying it was ‘like a rotisserie oven on hot days’ and someone else replied saying that the whole of the park is hot (which I agree with). Because of all that concrete and lack of trees/shading does make that whole area hot, so hopefully during the return/expansion they resolve that issue.

But in regards to your post ‘geh the complaints coming through’. I would say complaints and there was one person. One person. Who said it was hot. I definitely would say complaints are coming through. And no one mentioned air con. To resolve the issue, they just got to remove the Perspex. The ride already has bars, so no one can get through anyways. That simple.

• Like 1

Hoping if/when the Log Ride returns it's 1) got rid of the crazy "Flintstones" look, in all the time they had it closed, over the last few years and if they're really committed to a high quality product offering - go get some new log boats, with a purpose built COMFORTABLE lap restrain or similar and 2) Get some Quality THEMING happening...bring back the caves etc..... 🤫

• Like 1