Rise of the Resistance Opening

MickeyD

For those fortunate enough to have already experienced it, all indications are Disney has pulled off something truly ground breaking that will leave People's heads spinning and wanting to get back in line. Register the link below to watch it's official opening tomorrow..

After wild speculation, 15 minutes should be the total duration - that's assuming no down time, which no doubt can and will be caused by the ride's multi-experience nature and unpredictability of Guest's speed of safe transition point to point.

With so many transition points, I envisage likely stoppage areas will be mainly the Initial ship launch, departure from the Holding Cells aboard the Trackless portion, the base of vertical accents from ATT fighters and awaiting entry to drop shaft back to Batuu. All possible delays of being caused (potentially) by unfreed blocks to the next section and of course proximity sensor failure (which the ride will no doubt have shit loads of).

Sooooooo many blocks, and 'trim station' like hold up points, this thing will be every true Theme Park Lover's wet dream come true...

I'm going to hold off for May to visit Disneyland and give em time to iron out the bumps myself.

Who else is excited? Personally I Can't f*cking WAIT!!!!

Edited by MickeyD
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, red dragin said:

If you plan on riding it in the next year or so, don't watch it! Don't spoil it for yourself.

Will be years before I get the chance, so I watched it. Wow.

I already know the track layout for the most part. The bit between the ATTS and the big finale has remained largely a mystery till now. 

I find with these blockbuster type rides you only partly spoil it watching online when it's so multi-sensory, really nothing like being there in person!

No idea @Gazza but this ride brings so much of the "still can't figure out how they did it shit" - the likes we haven't seen at Disney since what.. Indiana Jones?

Can someone tell me, is the Kylo Ren Sabre cutting through the ceiling a real on-ride effect or was that just CGI'd to make the ads look prettier?

Basically they have antennas hanging from the roof as part of the theming, and on the end of these is an led at the end of a bit a thin rod (either that or its fibre optic)

These are swung around  vertically in a circle at high speed, and the LED is turned on briefly at the bottom of each spin, making it look like a laser shot is midair moving at the speed they did in the movies.

Sounds like a perfect way to create the effect of a single laser shot rather than a continuous predictable beam.

Makes for a much more chaotic and unpredictable moment that would no doubt have head's ducking. Plus taking it all so many steps further with the ricochet effects, audio and everything else going on.. wow this thing smokes!

Thanks for the insight @Gazza

Can't believe this is an actual ride it looks incredible hat's of to Disney for pulling this off looking forward to seeing an epsiode of this on the imagineering story on Disney Plus.

But like how good has been it been the last few weeks to be a star wars fanatic "jedi fallen order, the Mandalorian, rise of Skywalker in 15 days and now this. 🤙🏼🤩

• Like 1

K so I watched it.. just couldn't resist and Holy *F* Wow I am so glad I did.

It's also a ride that needs to be experienced at least a couple of times if you can get the perspective of the different transport vehicle paths. (Watch the whole video!)

As good as some of the POV's are, (I get goosebumps watching!) the whole thing is all just so 360° that being there in person will surely be a highly emotional experience and one that will absolutely snatch the Crown back into the hands of the Mouse for a long time to come. 

This is Disney Ride Showmanship at it's undeniable finest!

Below is the full 15 minute multi  ride experience as pieced together by Attractions Magazine (credit Disneylandmore).. Well worth a look to get the full perspective (minus the Queue) which btw is also the best since we've seen since Tony Baxter"s Indiana Jones Adventure

Edited by MickeyD
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, red dragin said:

Cast the video posted during the day yesterday, onto the TV to show the Mrs - didn't warn her what we where going to watch.

She was gobsmacked before the ride even made it to the AT-AT room.

Apparently we are going to Disney sooner than I thought!

A stroke of brilliance!

I should have done that but instead I nagged the other half to watch it on my phone late last night and promised it wouldn't take more than 5 minutes. .

Didn't quite get the same impression (not even close!) - just the usual eye rolls of disinterest that most of us Theme Park Weirdos should be used to.

Like or loathe, I will be getting our arses over to the States next year, once their Summer Holidays start and most of the local LA Passholes get blocked out and to give them time to get everything working right.

• Like 1

On 05/12/2019 at 1:29 PM, MickeyD said:

When I hear @joz is impressed with a new ride, now I know I am not over-reacting😀

The honest truth is I'm impressed by most things, particularity where some degree of effort and talent has gone into pulling off a good vision. These days most things fall into that category. The only thing that has never impressed is any motorbike coaster ever.

I'm also rather good at knit-picking. For a start: Those staff name badges need to go.

• Like 1

My only nitpick is the way they just go in and park next to the two guys on the bridge, like if you were trying to escape you wouldn't just go and cruise up next to the baddies.

I reckon it would have worked if you had the 2 cars inching through the room trying to be silent, and then have a real jump scare when you are spotted, then the two cars run separate ways.

Edited by Gazza

1 hour ago, joz said:

The honest truth is I'm impressed by most things, particularity where some degree of effort and talent has gone into pulling off a good vision. These days most things fall into that category. The only thing that has never impressed is any motorbike coaster ever.

I'm also rather good at knit-picking. For a start: Those staff name badges need to go.

TBH I didn't even see the name tags. 

How about the TRON coaster, @joz?