Funfields - New 2020 Tornado Waterslide

melbourne_guy

10 minutes ago, GoGoBoy said:

I love that the Victorian parks continue to expand, but the colour choice on this one is a bit too close to another new ProSlide over at Adventure Park. You'd think they'd want to differentiate as much as possible..

That was my first thought as well. They have taken the colours from Tsunami, and copied (and improved upon) their tornado. Interesting choice as it will stick out like a sore thumb against the hillside backdrop, but maybe that's what they're aiming for. Plus the park is going through a bit of a 'fantasy' period of theming at the moment with their updated kids area.

Both look great in their own ways. I do prefer the Funfields one with the colours blended, will be interesting to see if they can pull that off.

It's always great to hear about all the small parks around Australia investing in new attractions. They know their place in the industry and instead of going for the biggest, newest thing they stick with what they know and keep the regular locals happy.

It probably won't happen any time soon but I do start to wonder when one of these smaller parks might take the plunge and try to be the next big park. I was always disappointed when African Safari World was scrapped because the Victorian Government said it would have cost too much for the taxpayers. I think the only way for us to get a new park at this stage would be either one of the big global companies deciding to build here (Fat chance of that happening) or one of the smaller parks invests heavily.

It would be interesting to see if a smaller park stepping up holds onto their level of detail they put into their parks, I always seem to feel that attractions at smaller parks and the parks themselves are generally of a better quality in terms of cleanliness/working effects etc. that some of our bigger parks.

• Like 3

Great find!!! Thanks for sharing the info!!

Cant help but think that this is a "safe" and a bit boring addition for Funfields. I would have thought that since we are now at Tornado number 8 in Australia, a different and more unique slide would have been just the ticket. Dont get me wrong, its awesome that the investment in the Victorian parks still continues , but I cannot help but feel slightly disappointed at these plans.

• Like 4

• 2 years later...

Good evening from Canada, ladies and gents of down under. I visited the Proslide Technology production factory in Hamilton today and I've been permitted to share some stuff that has your name on it. Only found the one stack, seems to match what's already been posted in this thread. Was told that this forum might appreciate the heads up, so do with these what you will;IMG_7894.HEICIMG_7900.HEICIMG_7902.HEICIMG_7901.HEICIMG_7893.HEIC

IMG_7894.HEIC

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm assuming this would be open for the peak season at the end of this year?

Good to see Funfields still investing, although I fear they are going to lose a lot of market share this year with the $40m being spent on Roller Coasters at Gumbuya World.

But possibly focusing on slides and keeping value to their day ticket and season pass prices (gumbuya world season pass is $199 😲) could really keep them in the game

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just now, TBoy said:

Great investment by Funfields but I think Gumbuya tops it out with its two new coasters.

Totally agree. I’ll be hitting up Gumbuya this summer for sure, even if it now costs $78 to get in, getting close to GC theme park pricing now! TNT looks like heaps of fun and will be great to ride a revitalised Buzzsaw again! I suggested to Gumbuya that they perhaps need to look at having to option of paying for access to park areas separately. E.G. wet, dry, wildlife. It would mean having to hire 3 extra staff to check wristbands at the entrances to each “world” but it may mean more numbers attending the park.