Vortex ride Delayed at SW

Tim Dasco

1 hour ago, Tim Dasco said:

Well it’s now December and the new ride Vortex at Sea World clearly ain’t going to open. With construction still not going vertical. 

Why do people think this ride has been delayed?

Well, by the looks of things, parts haven’t even arrived yet? It might not be an issue on SeaWorld’s behalf, but rather with Huss? 

Might be totally off on that, though.

The park updated the rides website a couple months ago and is expected to be open late Summer, possibly towards Easter (depending on whether there are more delays or not)

We think the ride was delayed to do the original contractors pulling out of the job and it took some time to find a new one 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Inverted said:

Open all 3 rides same time with a massive bang!!! 😁

So you want to hold them all off for mid-late 2021?? Yeah great idea...

1 hour ago, Tim Dasco said:

If this was Dreamworld people would be angry. 

Well they’ve been saying “Summer” for a couple of months, so unless it’s not open by Feb 29th 2020 then no one has a reason to be angry...

On 13/12/2019 at 12:32 AM, Brad2912 said:

Well they’ve been saying “Summer” for a couple of months, so unless it’s not open by Feb 29th 2020 then no one has a reason to be angry...

That's true on a technicality, but there would be a consumer expectation it's open for a decent chunk of that summer so you can enjoy it it in the summer holidays.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, S.W24 said:

I don't really think they're comparative.... 

Yes and no, both had squeduled opening dates but only one opened on time. Lols just give Dreamworld the W and enjoy the new watersides. 

Edited by TomiJ
Me writing this thinking: no shit Sherlock
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Whombex said:

Fully 6 wasn't being built on sand, immediately surrounded by water lagoons, with a contractor pulling out early on.

Was it?

No but AGAIN they missed their scheduled opening date, leaving the general public guessing when it will open. ONCE MORE, both had squeduled opening dates but only one opened on time. I really don't care why or how it is delayed, SW announced December and they missed it. 

Edited by TomiJ
AND YES I DO REMEMBER DW SKY VOYAGER DELAY. Same shit applies they missed it
  • Like 3

On 05/01/2020 at 4:11 PM, TomiJ said:

No but AGAIN they missed their scheduled opening date, leaving the general public guessing when it will open. ONCE MORE, both had squeduled opening dates but only one opened on time. I really don't care why or how it is delayed, SW announced December and they missed it. 

I still disagree, the two attractions are not at all comparative. Both have differing levels of complexity with build and install, environmental considerations and the plant/machinery are both completely different.