Movie World in the Summer

themagician

Today I visited the park with family from overseas and it was the first time in a few years I’ve actually spent the entire day at the park and just enjoyed the rides and what they have to offer. Today was a very hot day, but I must say that MW is not a good park to visit during a hot summers day. We went on every open ride and the only comfortable one to queue in was Justice League. As we know, Superman is horrible with the lack of aircon until you reach the very front. When you queue for an hour with that many people, it’s a sweat fest. WWF doesn’t have any fans until you’re at the very front too. It is quite an open queue building, but on days when there’s no breeze, it isn’t comfortable. Rivals has fans with misters, but they don’t actually work overly well. GL, unless you’re under the shade sail, you sweat and burn. Even the kids area doesn’t have fans.

This isn’t just me starting a topic to complain, but rather identifying quite a big issue which I’ve never noticed before (because I don’t go on the rides enough and generally I don’t visit during the summer because of the large crowds). So basically, I definitely think the park should be investing into fans to help keep these queue areas much cooler during these crazy hot days. 

On another notes, more rubbish bins in queues would be good to see (especially in WWF, because plenty of people decided to dump the rubbish on the timber walls and railings throughout the extended queue area 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, themagician said:

On another notes, more rubbish bins in queues would be good to see (especially in WWF, because plenty of people decided to dump the rubbish on the timber walls and railings throughout the extended queue area 

Or they should just chuck a DW and not let you eat (or drink). 

When in the line for SV on Sunday, we had been in the queue for about 15mins when I let my son eat a couple of shapes biscuits from the box in my backpack, whilst I was grabbing a drink of water from my drink bottle when the “ride attendant” who will now be referred to as the “food nazi” came over and said “there is no eating or drinking in the queue lines as it causes a mess”. 

To me, if you are going to have people waiting for in some cases 60mins in a line, saying they can’t have a snack or a drink of water is just stupid. Sure, I’m not advocating letting people bring pizzas in or dripping ice creams through the place, but surely a little common sense prevails, and I’ve never ever seen a sign in any queuehouse saying “no food or drink allowed”. 

• Like 3