Justice League’s Future

xRazzBerryx

Justice League’s Future  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you see Justice League in 5-10 years?

• Still the same as it is now
    • All issues fixed and running good as new
    • Updated with new technology to improve ride experience
    • Gone to make way for new dark ride

Yesterday I went on Justice League & well, the ride is just a mess.. as it has been for quite a while now. Every time I ride, something seems to be wrong. From the guns not working to the targets not registering.

I know the ride is only 7 years old, but the problems with it just make the ride experience very dull. 

99% of the time I step into Justice League’s line, it’s walk on. To me that’s either because, a) It’s kind of tucked away & people don’t realise it’s there or b) People just aren’t a big fan of it. 

It’s a family ride yes, but do families with young children still enjoy this? Is it still hitting their target audience? Anyone with kids feel free to share your thoughts. 

Why do you ride? Because you enjoy the ride or simply because you enjoy air conditioning 😂

Finally, what are your thoughts on its future?

Edited by xRazzBerryx
  • Like 2

I went on it a week ago and it seemed the majority of the effects were working and I even saw some I have never seen before. But I did at times have issues with the guns and targets.

I think if they had utilised a similar ride system as the Six Flags version it would have been much better. Ours was only $9 million and im sure their version cost a lot more. I don’t think the storyline itself is bad, it’s just the ending which seems rushed and it’s kind of over. I also wish they had a score board at the exit and in the queue to say what the top scores for the day, week and year were and that may make it more exciting for guests. I would assume an entire system upgrade to enable for that technology would be required. The ride has some good bones and while it’s not the best, it’s one of the GCs last dark rides and MW should try to give it as much love as possible.

Last week most rides had queues over an hour long, JL was less than 5 minutes. Which is surprising because on a hot day it’s a great way to cool down. And one final point (which has been discussed before), but it seems like the park themselves have been confused by it. Justice League Alien Invasion 3D, Justice League The Ride, Justice League 3D: The Ride, etc. They should have kept it as Justice League: Alien Invasion. We know it’s a ride, why does the name need to tell us? I’m sure the ride will exist for at least another 10 years, but like other rides at the park, I’m sure effects will just get turned off and left (much like how WWF and now SDSC have become)

Edited by themagician
  • Like 1

Went on it Wednesday night and it’s looking the best it has since opening imo. 

Everything worked, including the fog curtain projection, and they have some new cityscape murals and lighting in the scene just before you enter the ship towards the end. 

It’s usually always busy when I attend on weekends, and it’s majority families so I’d say it’s still appealing and pulling it’s target demographic 

• Like 4

I guess I’m just unlucky & seem to go on it at the wrong times 😅 Good to hear it still works well & they haven’t just left it to slowly wither away. Also good to hear it still pulls a crowd (At least when I’m not there). 

For a replacement attraction, whenever that may be, I just saw this ride on YouTube that is at Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi - Justice League. Not sure if it has been discussed before but it seems similar to Tranformers & Spider-Man at US. Would be great to see something like this for one of our parks, as Australia is yet to see an attraction like this. 

https://youtu.be/rz66_5bi4hc

Not sure if they could reuse props or even if this type of ride could fit in the building, but it would be great to see. 

I noticed the updated Fog curtain the other day. It's great to see this long dormant effect finally operating, but it's a real shame that it's not executed a bit better. Having the projector right in the line of sight doesn't make for a great illusion. 

I've felt for a while that Justice League has been slipping. As much as I appreciate the park updating the ride, it does feel like "one step forward, two steps back". My prediction for the future of this ride is that more effects will come undone, only to be haphazardly replaced or left to rot. 

5 hours ago, Levithian said:

Ideally youd probably like to project the image from behind your subjects so you dont see the light from the projector, but thats not really possible here when the car would get in the way. 

Front projection doesn’t work for fog screens, it has to be rear projection only (ie coming from behind the screen at you)

18 hours ago, djrappa said:

Just curious how an effect that wasn’t working being fixed and now operation equates to an expectation more effects will be left to rot

It's more of a trend i've noticed on other rides around the park. When something gets fixed on WWF or SDSCNG, I normally find that it's at the expense of some other effects. 

Was at MW just today and gave JL a go.

Not much from what I could tell was broken as far as the effects were concerned.. Now, given, I've ridden it just three times since it opened, but everything seemed to be working.

But I question: At what point does the ride become technologically obsolete?

The ride technology is already becoming outdated despite being not even 8 years old. It has aged quite poorly. The animatronics are laughably archaic when compared to what is being built now. The guns have difficulty in registering targets (especially the physical theming targets), and the ride plot is dull. In ten years time, there will be discussion on this ride being replaced or reworked. A theming/effects overhaul, a fix up of the guns and targeting system, a new ride film and a re-worked plot to include villains that aren't tucked away in obscurity, whilst keeping the existing core ride system would be the best solution.

I get it, this is one of the earliest shooting dark rides. But this attraction barely gets a line compared to the other rides in its area. Today, even, it had easily the shortest line in the DC corner of the park. In its current state, it feels like a filler attraction, something you do on a hot day to take advantage of the air conditioned building. It may be only 8 years old, but I hold great scepticism for its future as this ride is aging very poorly as of right now.

Before MW thinks about replacing AA, this is definitely one of the big priorities for the park right now. Combined with the desperately needed update to the worn out, tired WB Kids' Zone, MW need to up their appeal with families. They already have what I'd consider to be the most elite thrill ride collection in the country by far, especially as of right now, so I'd think it's time to get the family rides in order, something which has been behind their competition for far too long. 

Edited by Baconjack
  • Like 3

I went to movie world for the first time ever a few weeks ago, and was super excited to try as much as we could. My girlfriend and I rode most of the rides, and I noticed that Justice League poster as you walk in but didn't think much of it. Wasn't until we got back to our room that I saw on the map there was a justice league 3d dark ride the entire time, and yet we felt like we'd explored a lot. We didn't do the hypercoaster so we didn't end up walking past JL, and it blew me away that despite how much we felt we'd seen the entire park there was this ride hidden away somewhere. Admittedly this was also my first time at the park, and my first time at a theme park, so it was a lot to take in for one day, suppose I could've easily overlooked it. But when we went back for White Christmas later that week I took a look and despite the park being packed and basically every ride/experience having a hefty line, Justice League was empty. Well, the outside queue area was. It made me feel a bit sad honestly, but I personally had no interest in trying it out when given the chance to do superman/scooby doo and basically everything else at the park, not to mention it seemed like it was mostly for kids/families. So i'm not sure but given the fact it's basically hiding away and doesn't seem popular, I'd think it's not long for this world.

On 24/12/2019 at 5:10 PM, AlexB said:

They almost never use the outdoor queue, as the indoor queue accommodates more than enough guests.

when I went on Friday, the queue was all the way back to the “scanning device” at the ramp, but had just broken down.

You'd think the Justice League would have a more reliable scanning device.