Scooby-Doo Spooky Coaster lighting upgrade

themagician

4 minutes ago, themagician said:

I’ve been told that SDSC now has over 60 new lights and led stripes all around the disco room and has 6 different program loops

They do realise the issues with the ride, right? It seems unusual that they're putting money into some lasers and light effects when the real issues are in the slowest parts of the rides where people are actually paying attention to the theming.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, themagician said:

I’ve been told that SDSC now has over 60 new lights and led stripes all around the disco room and has 6 different program loops

Correct sir 

These were sent in to me by an anonymous source earlier today210364DF-2CAB-451C-99CE-1AB309541C6A.thumb.png.70b528ca969cc7a9ca540a4bd29897a9.png

D2E94AEC-1415-434D-A743-690E1984E3EA.thumb.png.ff10197c5a3124f556bf32ea047013ac.png53340A5F-9265-4661-9F25-5D856F76363C.thumb.png.25fb30cfc8fc994d024860a70c0fdfcd.png
Not the best pictures but ya got lasers and lights back in the building now

I’ve had some videos shared with me and it makes the disco room live up to its name. No smoke, but the amount of lighting effects and lasers makings this part of the ride awesome again. If they had simply added all of this and brought the original props back for the rides refurb it would have definitely been worth it. I highly recommend riding to just see this laser room 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dano46610 said:

Just a few notes to add when going down the hills the lights no longer work and also before going down the final Hill that light that got brighter is no longer there .

Follows the theme with this ride full of technical issues, disappointing that since they relaunched it as next generation more often effects and screens don’t work as movie world planned for the ride.

I preferred the ride when the disco room was loud, with heaps of working lights and lasers

Edited by Rabbit2014

There were only ever lights on one of the two forwards drops in the ‘disco room’ and they are still there and working. 

As for the rest of the room the music is loud and there are a heap of lights in there. 

Perhaps go for a ride before talking the ride down. 

9 hours ago, djrappa said:

There were only ever lights on one of the two forwards drops in the ‘disco room’ and they are still there and working. 

As for the rest of the room the music is loud and there are a heap of lights in there. 

Perhaps go for a ride before talking the ride down. 

Rode the ride on the 15th December only thing working on big room was lights on turn table no sound and music was quiet and no other lights were on. Rode during day and during white Christmas.

Edited by Rabbit2014

2 minutes ago, Rabbit2014 said:

Rode the ride on the 15th December only thing working on big room was lights on turn table no sound and music was quiet and no other lights were on. Rode during day and during white Christmas.

Maybe read the thread. 
It’s been pretty well stated on here the lighting on the ride was completely changed on the 20th. 
It’s the whole reason the thread exists 🤦‍♂️ 

• Like 1

I went on Scooby this morning to check out these new lighting effects. Wow. They are very good. Best I’ve seen them in years. No smoke, but the lighting makes up for it. And the box at the turntable has been adjusted so it is only on while a car is turning, so that you don’t see this bright box the entire ride. 

I also did notice some new theming elements, particularly around the swinging axes and at the evil laugh guy. The still very poor screens were timed right, but the graphics still really really let it down. The screen before the lift should just not be there. And the screens in the lift I found myself not being able to look at them because they really threw my balance off as the timing was all out. Awesome work MW with the disco room, but the ghost train part still needs some work.

On another note, the whole mystery inc gang is back in the park. For a couple years now it’s just been Scooby and Shaggy, but today I saw them all

Edited by themagician
  • Like 5