Scooby-Doo Spooky Coaster lighting upgrade

themagician

it just all feels rushed and not necessary, the ride was in a completely unthemed state for a while as well. I just feel that the theming was so perfect before they made all the changes. Maybe they could have just cleaned it up and made it a little neater in parts. Not sure if it's just me, but I myself never heard anyone complain about the theming and never heard anyone wanting a complete retheme.

7 hours ago, Zac Beckwith said:

it just all feels rushed and not necessary, the ride was in a completely unthemed state for a while as well. I just feel that the theming was so perfect before they made all the changes. Maybe they could have just cleaned it up and made it a little neater in parts. Not sure if it's just me, but I myself never heard anyone complain about the theming and never heard anyone wanting a complete retheme.

Yep there were never really any complaints about it pre-renovations. The theming and lighting was perfect. The lighting now seems off. Monsters such as the ghoul, demon on the ceiling, rotating guy used to be very visible as a light shone on them as you passed them but now you can barely see them. 

13 minutes ago, red dragin said:

There were plenty of complaints on here about it, particularly the disco room part. 

I always thought the old disco room was good. It lacked theming but the lasers and smoke made it worthwhile. The faux drop with the opened mouth and Scooby was memorable. 

17 minutes ago, Zac Beckwith said:

One part that is definitely not necessary in the new version is that ear piercing glass shatter room. there is no reason for it to be there, all it does it burst your eardrums

NFI what you are talking about. 
You need to get your hearing tested if you consider that ear piercing or overly loud 

1 hour ago, Flynn_Smith said:

I've gotta agree, it is incredibly loud. Maybe your hearing isn't too good? Hence why it's not loud for you? 😜

Have you ever been to a concert? A nightclub? A football game (pre-covid)? Ever heard a fire alarm? 

its loud, but it’s very far from incredibly loud. 

32 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Have you ever been to a concert? A nightclub? A football game (pre-covid)? Ever heard a fire alarm? 

its loud, but it’s very far from incredibly loud. 

they must have lowered the volume because the last time i went it was incredibly loud

Edited by Zac Beckwith

15 hours ago, Naazon said:

I've been a few times and they have for sure lowered the volume. The first time just after the reopen it was horribly loud. After the lighting upgrade to the disco room the volume has lowered and its probably at the right volume now.

Definitely agree 😉

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, rappa said:

Not too many flat walls on the side of airplanes 

That's my point. Its done so brilliantly on a more challenging space. Didn't the company that did the 'mapping' for scooby have lasers scanning the disco room and everything? and we end up with the crappy blank walls in the ghost train section?

Sorry, I know the scooby projection mapping digs have been done to death, but I was just so blown away by Luminescent, I just find it unfathomable that a non profit (with a little help from gov. grants) could put on such a spectacular show, on multiple angles and surfaces, and meanwhile Village struggles with a flat wall?

25 minutes ago, AlexB said:

That's my point. Its done so brilliantly on a more challenging space. Didn't the company that did the 'mapping' for scooby have lasers scanning the disco room and everything? and we end up with the crappy blank walls in the ghost train section?

Sorry, I know the scooby projection mapping digs have been done to death, but I was just so blown away by Luminescent, I just find it unfathomable that a non profit (with a little help from gov. grants) could put on such a spectacular show, on multiple angles and surfaces, and meanwhile Village struggles with a flat wall?

I think we all had crazy high expectations when we saw them laser scanning the disco room. I feel like it probably just ended up being used to get a 3d map of the area but without any actual projection designs planned.

11 hours ago, Jdude95 said:

I think we all had crazy high expectations when we saw them laser scanning the disco room. I feel like it probably just ended up being used to get a 3d map of the area but without any actual projection designs planned.

I feel like the original 'world class' overhaul it was to get was to be far more than what we ended up with. No doubt the company went away with their scans, and came back with a costing, and then the bean counters chipped away until it was a price they were comfortable with, and we got what we have.

Or the company that promised the world were actually just some hopped up tweakers who were all fluff and no delivery. Two concerned with their next burning man adventure to finish  and took village’s money and ran. 
It’s no excuse for the end product, just an example of be careful what snake oil salesmen you hire.