Various new LPS rides

GoGoBoy

In preparation for the school holiday period it seems that Luna Park has added a couple of new rides. I would not suggest any of you need to race to Luna Park to try these as they are not particularly special but it is a good sign all the same. The first new addition is a nifty little spinning ride for kids which I think is called 'Storm'. It is made up of 2 colourful tornado funnels which circle each other. It is probably the best looking junior ride in the park. They have placed it in a good spot up on the rooftop next to the Tumble Bug (I suggested a while ago in these forums that this area could do with another ride). It has a good light show which works well for Luna Park nights. It would be an ideal permanent addition if they created some signage and artwork for it. The second addition is a big kids/adult ride called 'The Dominator'. It is a standard Miami ride. It looks rather temporary (the hiring company name is plastered all over the side) but also has a good light show. It has been placed in Maloney's Corner which is the unimpressive area out the back behind Coney Island. This whole area does look a bit better now with The Dominator in position. As I said ages ago, the temporary look of Maloney's Corner could only really be justified if they plan to change the ride mix out there regularly (which seems to be the case). However, it would still be nice to see a few more facades, artwork and maybe a bit more infrastructure out there to tie it in with the rest of the park. Overall it is reassuring to see that Luna Park Sydney are still commited to the amusement aspect of the precint

Yep, that looks like the EXACT same Dominator now at Luna Park for the holidays. Can I just say that although these new rides may not be hugely exciting, their addition is more than what Wonderland gave Sydney (in terms of new rides) for the last 10 years. Luna Park should be congratulated. Let's hope they keep it up

I found a picture of a ride which looks quite similar to the new kids ride next to the Tumble Bug. This particular version is called 'Storm' but Luna Park's version is called 'Twister'. LP's version is also a bit more colourful. Apparantley the ride is actually for all ages although I'm guessing young kids and their parents would probably get the most out of it. It has a very cool design. Have a look at http://www.carnival.net.au/rides.htm

I found a picture of a ride which looks quite similar to the new kids ride next to the Tumble Bug. This particular version is called 'Storm' but Luna Park's version is called 'Twister'. LP's version is also a bit more colourful. Apparantley the ride is actually for all ages although I'm guessing young kids and their parents would probably get the most out of it. It has a very cool design and looks good in motion. Have a look at http://www.carnival.net.au/rides.htm

I just noticed Luna Park has done a great job of updating their website with pics and details of the new rides for the holidays, Wild Mouse, new characters etc. It has come a little bit late as it is already a few days into the hols but better late than never. It is a great looking website but could really fall apart if it is not regularly updated by the right people (ie. the people who designed the site in the first place). Right now I'd say Sydney's Luna Park is starting to set a very good example

Dominator is the most nauseating, painful and plain boring experience I've ever had the displeasure of wasting my time on. I say this with absolutely no hint of exaggeration that this ride goes about ten times longer than it needs to. I'll get a trip report up from Luna Park when I get some free time. In short the park is a mixture of good and bad, the bads do sour the goods, but I will say it is better than Melbourne's.