Off Topic Random Thoughts

rappa

• 2 weeks later...

This is the second time the folks in Queanbeyan have tried to sell these. I can't imagine they're usable, so they'd be no more than a collector's item, and they're quite bulky to move - making the purchase for an individual collector a difficult but not insurmountable one. I guess he's trying his luck again...

7 minutes ago, AlexB said:

This is the second time the folks in Queanbeyan have tried to sell these. I can't imagine they're usable, so they'd be no more than a collector's item, and they're quite bulky to move - making the purchase for an individual collector a difficult but not insurmountable one. I guess he's trying his luck again...

Make a good tree house.      I know, I know, yes with aircon.

58 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Anyone else have an expiring Dreamworld pass?

Did you get a renewal offer? 
Last year I got an offer of 80 dollars to renew, just wondering if it’s not a flat price across buying new and renewing?

No offers other than what’s currently advertised is what I was told back in October when mine expired, so in other words, same price as the general public can buy 

• 3 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Naazon said:

is 1000 times a lot? Surely one of you lot would have been more? Thats really only going once a week for 20 years.

If I was a GC local I'm sure I would have clocked up those numbers in my teens on school holidays.

When you say once a week for 20 years it may not sound like a lot, but when you consider that once per week would be likely to only start once you reach an age of somewhat independence and are not relying on a parent to take you and make your own choices... so in this example let’s say - 14 years old.

that would mean once a week between the ages of 14 and 34. Most people within that age range experience high school exams, tertiary study, holidays, relocation, full time jobs, serious relationships (and heaven forbid your partner isn’t a theme park addict), has children who then have their own commitments on weekends etc. 
Blow that out to once a fortnight, and that’s now 40 years to rack up 1000 visits, taking you to 54 years old (and assuming you only visit DW when you have an opportunity to go to a park and not MW etc)

life gets in the way, no matter how much you love theme parks! 

It does, but as I said, School holidays, if you and your friends are theme park fans and have annual passes, you're likely to go multiple times during holidays. There are normally roughly 200 school days in a year, leaving 160odd other days they can go.

I'm not denying its a lot. Just surprised is all. I mean I also believe this to be a paid "good news" story.

• rappa locked this topic