White Christmas Parade 2019

rappa

Not sure how many have ventured out this year. I’ll admit I haven’t visited the event for a few years as it was kinda repetitive and just fairly unpleasant to be at/navigate. 

As luck would have it I was at the park for a few White Christmas nights this year and WOW what a difference. 

Firstly on a fundamental level crowd control has been radically altered and improved. All the sidewalks are now clear of bins, benches, silly theming, etc and provide easy clear passage behind the crowd that assemble. 
But even the crowds are now less because at long last the parade ‘route’ has been extended down into western town and actually starts proper at Dodgems. You get a full show and this has been advertised so crowds are spread much better rather than being forced to jam in to see a plaza centric show. 

As for the parade itself HORAY AT LAST ITS A PARADE. It’s not an awkwardly paced collection of mini shows that about 5% get to see. From start to finish the parade is an evenly paced constant stream of kinetic energy. Not once did I find myself with a blank street in front of me to look at. 
Even the sound track reflects this and whilst it has different moods throughout it comes across as one cohesive track that suits all floats and is extremely Disney like. 
The whole thing was just such a joy to watch. 

Little touches like improved exit routes post parade and an absence of that god ugly flying fairy rig just add to the experience. 

A job very well done by the park. I was both well surprised and impressed. 

• Like 4

I haven't been to the event this year, but am I right in saying that the floats no longer wait around the fountain and instead just move back up Main Street so there's no dead moments? Great to hear they've finally made some improvements to the parade that hasn't remained the same/gotten worse over the last couple years. 

• Like 1

The not waiting at the fountain is tip of the iceberg but yes by the time the lash float has past you the first is already returning. 

But because if the good pacing and fillers between floats it’s not like the parade rushes to be over or anything. 

Also I don’t recall any smoke machines going off throughout which was good, no idea how smoke ever equaled Christmas. 

NO NO NO! The parade should only be visible or make sense to the 100 or so people crammed between the photo center and the screen. Western town should be an awkward line up of floats waiting to entertain the 100 people in the plaza, and the fountain should just be floats waiting to turn around with no real atmosphere. Crowd control should be restricted to telling guests 'NO!' sternly and the whole thing should be as crowded and unpleasant as possible with random bits of crap in the way and no where to walk.

That's the way they've always done it, why change a winning formula?!?

Edited by joz

Yep, have to agree! The parade this year was great :) The floats were all really good and it flowed very nicely. Great to see that they go around & they aren’t all parked up at the fountain. 

Also, come to think about it, all the floats drive up the right side of the street & also return on the right side. Is this for any reason for this or to just fit In with the “Hollywood” theme of the park?

Just wanted to add that it’s important to share these sorts of positive experiences from the parks as well as the bad. 
Very often us enthusiasts are quick to get on here and complain about every sore point, but less so on the good things. 
Giving positive feedback only serves to encourage the parks to do more good things 

• Like 1