New VRTP App

Park Addict 93

As first mentioned in the VRL Strategy Presentation (07/06/19)  VRTP are planning to release a new App.203054688_ScreenShot2019-12-22at9_50_01pm.thumb.png.d8872fee69d9f47bc4e02fb307322ebf.png

Whilst the November date has evidently slipped recently the Accesso VRTP ticketing site has starting asking guests to create an account when checking out mentioning some future app benefits.

159210191_ScreenShot2019-12-22at9_41_59pm.thumb.png.0cfc2d960cef396630c8540755692884.png

Great to see VRTP continuing to embrace technology.

• Like 1

I’ve been trialing out the app very recently and I must say it’s been blast with the app, huge shoutout goes to the virtual queuing aspect of the app which truly works wonders (only trialed out MW, not SW or WNW yet) Virtual Queuing will definitely come in handy for you guys in the next few weeks, and yes it is free for everyone to use

Jordan has done a good job explaining of how it works, but most of the rides on the virtual queuing will range a 20-35 min wait with me having to wait 40 mins the longest which was Superman from last week 

You will show your QR Code  which becomes available when your time to ride is up and you get admitted into the Fast Track queue line 

FYI - Superman, you show the phone to the attendant, they will scan it off your phone and then you will be given the chance to put your stuff away at a locker or a non rider and they will give you pass that will say ‘Virtual Queuing’ 

Wait Times will be displayed only when you are in the park which I found has been very useful 

Mobile Ordering is not a feature not yet enabled on the build of the app and might be coming in a future update but today is the first sight of this coming to the app 

Overall, it’s a great app and you all should definitely download it 👍🏼

781A6CFD-05D5-4E6B-B39A-8C9006793C8F.thumb.jpeg.cca09fe3c4d8dca05a4b6049fa1078cd.jpeg81445B58-E652-4E4C-A66A-1E987052B5C3.thumb.jpeg.d5eb0df1a9ee9bdb19f88c392e0b013d.jpegC1E6DD26-D75C-4195-9E6D-50D1CC99DF2C.thumb.jpeg.52fc435c71569c6efff545f26c9b3299.jpeg

9852DBFF-E4EB-4DC8-B490-1697034B580B.thumb.png.01ec22a53900be5113fb76c9be92d131.png5082AA47-BF4E-419F-8411-924376BFE232.thumb.png.803a6b95c9ea25eb884a36f4100fbd0d.png

Edited by Adventures With JWorld
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Naazon said:

They should allow you to add your One Pass into the app.

Unless I'm doing it wrong, I couldn't add it into the Mobile Tickets and Vouchers section

Did you purchase your One Pass online? Im wondering if it can't add tickets purchased in park yet.

I had no trouble adding mine with the Order ID and Email.

It’s great to see they’ve finally invested into an app that has everything you need. There have been two attempts in the past at an app for the parks and they were pretty useless. I’ve been playing around with the app this morning and it works really well and has an easy UI. My question is, with the virtual queuing, I assume you then join the Fast Track line when it’s your time, but if a heap of people start using this system, won’t that make the Fast Track queue quite long? Or does it have a similar system as the Disney Fast Pass system and you select an available time slot to ride and once you’ve used that Fast Pass you can then create another?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, jjuttp said:

Don't think adding tickets works with the Unlimited passes.

7 minutes ago, Lukevl said:

I think it does if you use your invoice number from the online purchase. Having said this. I have 4 onepasses and 3 virtual queue tickets from it somehow. 

Mine worked using the Order ID (from the email) and my email address, not the One Pass number.. I tried to add my partner and her sons passes using her order ID and email and it didn't work though.

20 minutes ago, Naazon said:

When you virtually queue do you nominate how many are in your party? or does everyone need to queue or does 1 person queue, then you all just rock up?

I did a trial yesterday and you are allowed to “virtually queue” for however number of tickets you have. 

• Like 1

These ideas are great. I used the Cedar Fair one when I went to Cedar Point last time. It worked really well as Cedar Fair provided free wifi throughout the park, not sure if VRTP does the same thing though (Someone can correct me of course).

The only issue I see is ensuring that the park provides somewhere on all of their rides to then store your mobile phone (Superman would be a good example). Cedar Point did at all of their rides (Usually lockable tubs for each roller coaster train for example).

I had massive issues at SFDK as i had a fast pass dongle thingy and had to take it up to the ride entrance, but then couldn't actually get on the ride with it and there was nowhere to store it at the station.

2 hours ago, DJKostya said:

The only issue I see is ensuring that the park provides somewhere on all of their rides to then store your mobile phone (Superman would be a good example). Cedar Point did at all of their rides (Usually lockable tubs for each roller coaster train for example).

Given Superman is the only attraction with this sort of pre queue restriction I would imagine the park has considered how they will manage this? Parks I have visited overseas have accepted the scannable entry then issued the guest with a card to present back to the queue with once all loose articles have been placed in a locker. Similar to the use of cards on the Millennium Falcon for boarding groups. No need to over complicate it. 

42 minutes ago, S.W24 said:

Given Superman is the only attraction with this sort of pre queue restriction I would imagine the park has considered how they will manage this?

On 23/12/2019 at 9:23 AM, Adventures With JWorld said:

FYI - Superman, you show the phone to the attendant, they will scan it off your phone and then you will be given the chance to put your stuff away at a locker or a non rider and they will give you pass that will say ‘Virtual Queuing’ 

• Like 1