Superman & DC Rivals only running single trains

Dano46610

2 hours ago, Dano46610 said:

Hi all, anyone know why movieworld don't have 2 trains in operation for the holidays?

Funny you ask as I was at the park on Monday 16th December waiting for Superman when the ride broke down briefly. I had a quick chat with one of the operators and he told me they will not be operating two trains for Superman or Rivals for some time. 

He stated the superman train is made in Europe and is being completely rebuilt with new parts. Due to the rides age it will take some time to source the parts. He did however say that Rivals should be done before the end of summer.

(Sorry if your question was in relation to the Arkham ride, but thought you guys might want that info). 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, triplex23 said:

Funny you ask as I was at the park on Monday 16th December waiting for Superman when the ride broke down briefly. I had a quick chat with one of the operators and he told me they will not be operating two trains for Superman or Rivals for some time. 

He stated the superman train is made in Europe and is being completely rebuilt with new parts. Due to the rides age it will take some time to source the parts. He did however say that Rivals should be done before the end of summer.

(Sorry if your question was in relation to the Arkham ride, but thought you guys might want that info). 

Yeah rivals train maintenance bay was empty on visit 15th December.
Do hyper coasters require more often wheel replacement ?

Am at MW today.

2 trains are now running on DCR but only 1 train on SE as per the aforementioned train rebuild.

WWF effects also partially running - still not at an an acceptable standard but better than it was last week. Sign not working and a few other things. The hot weather may restrict some of the fire effects from running but effects appear to be turned on only in peak season. Same goes for GL on board audio.

AA still down today. Slightly concerning but not surprising considering its age. Couldn’t see any visible work done on it today.

7 hours ago, westical said:

Fire effects?

Was talking about the Indian Teepee (not really a fire effect but its smoke) From memory the smoke was a lot stronger but my theory is that the warm weather and ensuing fire restrictions prevents it from operating at full strength (unless that effect has been steam this entire time and I've been fooled into believing it was actual smoke)

5 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

How vague... if what is true? It’s a picture - so i’d assume it’s true?? And of what relevance is that train to our parks? 

The statement that might be "true" is that Superman might be undergoing a more extensive train rebuild, hence one train.

I think the pic is just to illustrate the harness design for those unfamiliar with it.

Ive been on a few Intamins that have been refitted with the soft type harnesses, would be good if it did happen with this refurb.

Edited by Gazza
  • Like 2