Log Ride Closing for Good?

Dano46610

I don’t want to see the ride close, but based off the parks recent closures and it being the last ride that was built in-park, I wouldn’t be surprised if it did. They installed a horrible roof and it has been closed for several months now with very little visible work happening. I would hope that they would replace it with another familiar attraction of some form. Maybe another boat ride that is just a shallow river that goes through a gold rush town with scenes, etc

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Evie said:

The ride is closed because there was an incident at the ride a few months ago, I highly doubt it will re open and if it does it shouldn’t. 

And exactly why is that?

Can you tell me why 100s of parks around the world manage to operate (and build new) flume rides (and rapids for that matter) safely every single day yet Dreamworld can only say “nup it must close”. 

How about the park actually spend the money to fix up whatever seems to be unsatisfactory and keep the ride running?

The lifts are new, the tunnels are gone. It’s a very basic control system and some water pumps. 
If the boats are past their use-by date then buy new ones. 

the continuous bullshit cop out Dreamworld keep making that’s it’s ok to close rides for safety is exactly that. In reality it’s just their unwillingness to spend money to make them safe and instead continue to water down their product offering. 

The park is in a hot climate and has ZERO water attractions to offer their guests. That’s pathetic I’m sorry. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Evie said:

The ride is closed because there was an incident at the ride a few months ago, I highly doubt it will re open and if it does it shouldn’t

A tad frustrating you are always so vague. Not being rude but it would be awesome to hear what happened.

• Like 1

There’s no need for hissy fits and ‘fine I’ll share nothing’. 

Dangling ‘I know something you done know’ carrots is an extremely arrogant way to get people off side. 

If you’re a ride op that shouldn’t be saying anything better to do that than try and tow some half line where naturally people will want vagueness clarified.   

1 hour ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Highly doubt an incident occurred because the ride was scheduled for maintenance. Also, this user is not a reliable source with a proven track record.

Evie also was the first individual to break the news on Fully6 before the park even had the chance to announce it as well

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tim Dasco said:

Would anyone really miss the log ride? Honestly why spend money on that ride? Rip it out and replace it with a better one. Compare WWF to the Log ride? If your gonna spend money to fix the ride up and make it look good again. You may as well spend that money on a new one.

Yes, they will. 
And this is the point option B is not actually an option. 
They won’t replace it. They will simply shutter it. 

• Like 1

Rip out log ride? You mad bro! Spend some money to fix it technically and then spend a little bit more to give it some new pizaz. It doesn’t have to be Splash Mountain quality, or even WWF, but as an opening day attraction that is so simple to run, it deserves to keep running and extra love, just like the steam tr... oh wait..

20 hours ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

They indicated TOT was being upgraded before it was closed.

Yes, they did. But then a few weeks later also indicated that it wouldn't be going ahead and the ride was closing. Which, correct me if I'm wrong, happened.

47 minutes ago, Slick said:

"My best friend".™️

In the context of how it was being thrown around in this thread, I fully support this new movement.

• Like 1