Sign in to follow this  
themagician

2010s in Review

2 posts in this topic

Rivals and SkyVoyager are by far the highlights of the decade. Nick Land at SW in third for its fantastic family offerings, the best on the coast. The improvements in DW over the last 18 months are also a shining light, in terms of cosmetic and additions (Halloween, holiday entertainment options etc). 

the lowlights for me being SDSC 2.0, the lack of upkeep on some cherished attractions (TOT2 and WWF of note), log roofs, and lack of any quality shows at our parks (stunt driver has long run its course, as has any show SW seem to produce, the DW Madagascar show hasn’t changed in near a decade). VTPs evening programs have dipped in the past 3-4 year. FN’s needs reinvigorating, Carnivales move to SW was poor decision making (made up slightly by the Aquacolour program, which hopefully lifts again in 2020). 

i think the landscape will be far different in our parks in another 10 years with many notable rides having been retired (HWSW, AA, RHLR, the entirety of MWs kids area apart from RR and JDS, possibly GD, WWF even may be gone if they don’t give it some love soon). Atlantis will be in full swing, DW will have added 2 coasters, I think 2020-30 will be the biggest decade of change for our parks in their histories, should be a fun ride. The potential ownership change for VTP could impact plans, and who knows what Ardent has planned long term for DW...

• Like 4