Gold Coast Parks in January

Jobe

Hi all,

We are heading up to the Sunsine Coast from the 12th January and will be visiting Aussie World , Movie World and Dreamworld.

My Family and I  have not been to the Gold Coast parks for well on 8 years and thought its time to revisit ( especially to ride DC Rivals and Sky Voyager).

In keeping with that , here are some quick questions that more seasoned GC park goers may be able to answer:

• What do you guys suggest would be the best day of the week to visit MovieWorld in terms of keeping the crowds down? I get that its peak time and not ideal but I have seen some horrendous wait times online and some terrible horror stories of where famlies had 2+ hour waits for most rides!! Was thinking either a Sunday or a Monday?? Happy to recieve any advice on this...
  • Havent investigated ticket pricing or options yet but for single day entry , what would be the best option for Dreamwoeld and Movieworld? Would it be easier to get an online pass? 
  • For Movieworld are there Fast pass options that may be worth it?
  • Obviously keeping a close watch on the opening and closing times to maximise time spent in parks,  what are tips and tricks anyone would recommend to maximise ride times? What to head to first etc?
  • Any other tips that you guys find useful- ie best food options in the parks , any other little hacks or tidbits of info that would be worth employing.

Thanks in advance guys - your insights into these are most appreciated!!
Cheers
  • Like 1

Movieworld definitely on the Monday. Most people will be back to work by then so crowds will begin to drop, but if you go sunday you get all the locals as well. 

none of the park discount via third party resellers Anymore so cheapest pricing you’ll get in directly from their websites (gate pricing is higher). I believe both offer Afterpay now so you can pay for your entry in instalments if that makes it easier. NRMA and motoring bodies offer a small discount on 3 park 3 day passes but given You only want MW from the VTP group it’s pretty useless.

MW does have fast pass, available for purchase online or at the photo centre when you enter the park, if you do online, again you can afterpay these 

in terms of times, be there at rope drop and head to whatever your most favoured or anticipated ride is (i would suggest DCR as with only 1 Train operating it blows out fast). Then head to back of the park for WWF as Generally this isn’t busy first thing as everyone gravitates to the closer proximity to entry rides first. Have an early lunch Or snack on the go so you can take advantage of shorter lines while everyone else stops to eat. Skip Stunt Driver and again enjoy a small drop off in queues during the show (same applies to the parade time if you are happy to miss this). 

Ricks is the best value and quality in the park imo... but that requires a solid 30-40mins of time to make the most of, so it would depend on how your day is going for timing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Movieworld definitely on the Monday. Most people will be back to work by then so crowds will begin to drop, but if you go sunday you get all the locals as well. 

none of the park discount via third party resellers Anymore so cheapest pricing you’ll get in directly from their websites (gate pricing is higher). I believe both offer Afterpay now so you can pay for your entry in instalments if that makes it easier. NRMA and motoring bodies offer a small discount on 3 park 3 day passes but given You only want MW from the VTP group it’s pretty useless.

MW does have fast pass, available for purchase online or at the photo centre when you enter the park, if you do online, again you can afterpay these 

in terms of times, be there at rope drop and head to whatever your most favoured or anticipated ride is (i would suggest DCR as with only 1 Train operating it blows out fast). Then head to back of the park for WWF as Generally this isn’t busy first thing as everyone gravitates to the closer proximity to entry rides first. Have an early lunch Or snack on the go so you can take advantage of shorter lines while everyone else stops to eat. Skip Stunt Driver and again enjoy a small drop off in queues during the show (same applies to the parade time if you are happy to miss this). 

Ricks is the best value and quality in the park imo... but that requires a solid 30-40mins of time to make the most of, so it would depend on how your day is going for timing

Thanks Brad- great tips!! Yeah I thought Monday would be the best day!! 
cheers for the response.

On 31/12/2019 at 4:44 PM, joz said:

If you thought Monday would be the best day to go, you have the same opinion as everyone else. Welcome to busy park!

In summer holidays, late in the week and weekends are the quietest time to go.

On 31/12/2019 at 5:29 PM, GoGoBoy said:

^ Agreed. Mondays are often busier than Sundays. Consistently one of the busiest days of the week, because as Joz said everyone has the same idea that it will be quiet. It's a phenomenon.

Wow. Thanks for the tip guys- this has altered our way of thinking immediately!! We will now look at going to MovieWorld on a Friday instead and hopefully this gives us the easier day we desire!! Will let you know how the trip pans out!! Cheers. 

• Like 2