Arkham Asylum Maintenance 2020

Rabbit2014

3 hours ago, themagician said:

There are a lot of people commenting on Facebook saying that they hope that all attractions will be getting maintenance while the park has been closed. There will definitely be a lot of unhappy people when they realise

From everything I have seen on Facebook the GP think cos the parks had all this extra time closed that all maintenance should be done and every ride should be open. (Not saying this is possible) But if that’s what the public are thinking when you don’t deliver your gonna have massive backlash and bad press. (Assuming the press are at the reopening) 

Personally I think Dreamworld win this one by taking time to make sure everything is good to go for opening, rather than rushing it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

Dreamworld win this one by taking time to make sure everything is good to go for opening, rather than rushing it.

The problem is there's a huge assumption at the heart of that. You've projected positive intentions onto their actions. My problem is that if I tell you that's not what's happened here, from the outside it looks like I'm making my own negative projection.

As far as I know the only park that was actually getting extra work done during the lockdown was Aussie World.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, red dragin said:

I'd imagine that rides that have sat dormant likely require a fair bit of inspection, as well as staff refresher training. Especially post TRRR, there will be lots of boxes to tick. 

Unless things have changed since I was there in 2012, any ride operators that have not worked on a ride in 3 months require full re-training on the ride. So if that is still the case, there is a lot of ride operators that need training on all rides again. I'd expect to see the same operators on the same rides for a while as they go through and retrain people. 

I feel sorry for them, as i'm getting flashbacks of being stuck in WBK for 4 months non stop haha. I will admit I am very curious to see how they manage it all, and I would have hoped that more rides would be open when the parks re-open but what can you do I guess?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • rappa locked this topic