Dreamworld‘s new coaster timeline

On 31/12/2019 at 12:02 PM, Brad2912 said:

Fully 6 and the new coaster would have been well into planning and contracts more than likely in place well before Greg showed up, especially for the coaster. 

Surprised nobody has called this out yet, but word on the street is that Dreamworld didn’t order this coaster.

so anything is possible, I guess...

• Like 1

Rather than potentially be stuck with needing to store components, plus i imagine there is a large up front cost to get building on a coaster so any discount is probably offset by that. 

I wouldnt at all be surprised if you have to make full payment of the ride before hand though, and maybe if you have issue with delivery, the manufacturer might try and package another deal together to sell the ride so you dont lose out on a stack of money. I honestly cant see the manufacturer being left out of pocket though. Theres all sorts of protections in a contract for buying a car, let alone a multi million dollar roller coaster. Its not like you can burn that company and go to another and have one ready to go instantly. So i cant see you getting a refund or dropping out of the purchase without some sort of cost incurred. 

Edited by Levithian

No discount but it means you don’t have to wait the usual 3 off years for a production slot. 

Dreamworld definitely jumped on someone else’s misfortune with this one. You can’t get a coaster in 12 months normally. 

Great move by them. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, AlexB said:

Surprised nobody has called this out yet, but word on the street is that Dreamworld didn’t order this coaster.

It just fell into their lap and timing worked out perfect. Suddenly we get a balls to the wall coaster within 12 months. I thought it was already mentioned on here but possibly not.

43 minutes ago, Dano46610 said:

I'm not 100% sure but I know Lotte World in South Korea were getting a launch colour with a very similar colour scheme 

It was definitely an Asian park. I thought it was somewhere in China but SK is very possible.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dano46610 said:

Hopefully dreamworld start this coaster really soon, seems to be a lot of earth works to be done and terrain will also need to be flattened in places, so yeah I think it may not be opening to next year .

You really enjoy making broad and sensational statements without any real fact or rationale behind them...

On 06/01/2020 at 8:16 PM, Dano46610 said:

@Brad2912 I am just going off DC rivals , from foundations to it going vertical. 

Rivals was built very close to and over a swamp.

'untitled coaster number 1' is being built on ground that's had earthworks, clearing and time to settle already. I doubt there will be as many issues with construction.

6 hours ago, AlexB said:

Rivals was built very close to and over a swamp.

'untitled coaster number 1' is being built on ground that's had earthworks, clearing and time to settle already. I doubt there will be as many issues with construction.

And hopefully no issues of it sinking after and requiring Mack to come back and fix it