Old Wonderland Photos

• 3 months later...

hi guys, thanks so much for posting your wonderland pics. I lived in penrith, nsw (about 30 mins from wonderland) from 1985 to 1989 and remember visiting the park about 4 times. as i was only in my mid teen years at the time so I didnt actually think to take any photos of the rides. In 1989 I moved to the UK with my parents and have always wished I had some photos of those days to bring back all those memories. I will never forget bountys revenge, bush beast, beastie and snowy river rampage. So sad the park closed. It was great in the early days. -Ashley Irons

Mate it was our pleasure. Anyway, what is it like in the U.K?
Hi Paul, Cold and wet ;-) I miss the weather in Australia not to mention the vast space and natural beauty. The UK has lots of history and it's fairly easy to findwork, but as I grew up in Oz, I will always miss it. We have a few good theme parks over here. The main one I visit is called Alton Towers and has a good selection of rides. Check out www.altontowers.com for more details about rides, etc. Have they started to dismantle the bush beast and beastie yet? Anyone got any photos of it being broken? Thanks, -Ashley Irons

• 5 weeks later...

Ashley Irons, in regards to your question regarding if the beastie or bushbeast had started to be broken down / dismantled yet, i was at the park today buying signs off rides and general stuff, most of the smaller rides are in pieces or have gone already, the demon is half pulled down and is getting shipped over to a park in the states, the 2 wooden coasters are still in tact but the trains have been taken from the site, i was told today by an employee, that its up to the developers of the site weather they get taken down. The park is very eary to walk thru, like a massive storm has gone thru it. i would have loved to take pics of the park how i saw it today but was not allowed to take cameras into the park. RiPcUrLbOy'

One Question about Zodiac, Some people say that the ride came from the Park with the Double Decker Merry Go Round, and it was in that movie Beverly Hills Cop. But my querie is this, in that movie i thought i saw the ferris wheel as having 2 arms, not 1. Is that true, or am i going crazy. Just remember i haven't seen this movie for a very lone time. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

beverly hills cop 3 features a THREE ARMED version of the Zodiac. The double decker carousel was never at wonderland. i know of the park where most of BHC3 was filmed, but can't recall it. some parts of the movie (including alien attack) were filmed at universal studios hollywood as well.

Gazza, the central column could rotate as well as tilt. one would be on the ground at a time, and as one went up, the arm would rotate as it tilted, bringing the next one down, while keeping the third one in the air still. ive just spent 3 hours trying to find a pic to no avail.

I found this park map from 1993 with the ride on it. The next map I can find, 1996, does not have it. The movie was released in 1994 so I guess it was removed in 1994 or 1995. I still haven't been able to find the name of the ride but I have seen it referred to as 'Spider' but I don't think that was it's official name. "The Bus is now leaving for Map Of Tassie, Tasmania"

I have done a bit more research and have found that Zodiac (official name)and the triple arm version were built by Intamin in the 70's. Wonderland's version came from Paramount King's Island and can be seen here. Wizards Fury also came from PKI. I wouldn't mind betting that Wonderland's Zodiac was the last one operating in the world. This site also has some information about the ride on it. Just click the 'Database' link at the top of the screen. "The Bus is now leaving for Triple View, Western Australia"

• 2 weeks later...
http://images.coastermaster.info/demon.JPG Contains photo taken 2 years ago http://images.coastermaster.info/wonderland92/ Contains a number of photos taken mid 1992 (looks like the demon is still closed to the public) I will post some more photos if I am able to locate more. NOTE: All photos copyright 2004 Michael Pin, but PM/Email me and I will be more than willing to give you permission to use them.