Sea World 2020 Maintenance

themagician

Its not boding well for ole Jet Rescue, hasn't had a status change in a month (has it even operated this year?) a track that is being torn apart by the forces on the coaster, and a new wooden coaster being built makes me wonder if its time may be up sooner rather than later? It is getting on in years as we know..

Edited by T-bone

13 minutes ago, T-bone said:

Its not boding well for ole Jet Rescue, hasn't had a status change in a month (has it even operated this year?) a track that is being torn apart by the forces on the coaster, and a new wooden coaster being built makes me wonder if its time may be up sooner rather than later? It is getting on in years as we know..

I'd say its just a 12 year old ride that needs a little more love than a normal year. This would have likely been fixed in 2-3 months in a normal year but finding it next to impossible to commission parts from overseas.

Unless you're suggesting GL is getting removed also?

No, im suggesting as the track is in need of major repair, it reportedly as above is still in the same state it was when it was first revealed it had been pulled out of its foundations in locations for work, unless we are waiting on some new pieces of fabricated track, that work can be completed on site. The fact it hasn't been touched in months is very concerning. Very similar feelings to how CorkSeaScrewViper spent its final months standing.

21 minutes ago, rappa said:

Didn’t someone suggest Sidewinder was done for because of some paint/track evidence the other day and many were quick to say “doesn’t mean anything”. 
But now Jet Rescue has the same and we’re convinced that’s the end for the ride?

Jet rescue hasn't been completely repainted, with new signage being installed for a new theme that was trademarked many months ago.

I think its clear to everyone what Dreamworld's plans are with the coaster, because between Parkz digging up trademarks, the obvious, ongoing work on site with workmen regularly seen, and progress obvious from the carpark, and sneaky signage and theming photos from guests in-park - we've got a fair idea on the end game.

Jet Rescue on the other hand has gone down for maintenance, repeatedly had its maintenance dates extended and eventually deleted entirely, photos of guests in park show what has to be fairly significant track\foundation work, and nobody from VRTP has said boo about the current situation.

It's hardly 'the same' situation. And like with many things - an open, simple explanation of the current situation from the park satisfies, and an obscure, silent park lets the rumor mill run rampant.

• Like 1

Yeah I’m specifically talking about the sections of track at Dreamworld that hadn’t been painted. 

There’s no major foundation issues at Jet Rescue. It was clarified here that what was seen was just some mortar removal to access the hold down bolts and release a piece of track. 

Plausible scenario (I know nothing from the park, this is pure speculation on my part):

Section it track was found to have an issue. 
Requires replacement - pretty common around the world. 
Fabrication facility in Europe is shut because of Covid. 
Park is waiting for new track but doesn’t have ETA so has removed reopening date. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, rappa said:

Fabrication facility in Europe is shut because of Covid. 

I never thought that coasters were something you'd just call up the manufacturer and say 'hey it's SeaWorld Australia, I need a replacement for track section A5, how much?'

But with everything done with CAD these days I guess it's possible.

Today I learnt.

3 minutes ago, franky said:

I never thought that coasters were something you'd just call up the manufacturer and say 'hey it's SeaWorld Australia, I need a replacement for track section A5, how much?'

But with everything done with CAD these days I guess it's possible.

Today I learnt.

Definitely a thing. Or in Universals case “can you just knock us up another Hulk coaster so we can replace all the track”

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rappa said:

Yeah I’m specifically talking about the sections of track at Dreamworld that hadn’t been painted. 

There’s no major foundation issues at Jet Rescue. It was clarified here that what was seen was just some mortar removal to access the hold down bolts and release a piece of track.

I understand the possible (and likely) situations for JR. But the park has said nothing, and the dates continue to extend and then disappear. The mortar\bolt explanation wasn't an official park explanation, and while I don't doubt its veracity (i'm sure its true), the park has still remained silent... So speculation can (and does) run rampant in a vacuum.

On the other hand it's easy to assume that a ride receiving a retheme and refurbishment, that has identified some additional work and attention required and is being rectified without running off wildly into what ifs - because we already know the ride is being refurbed and rethemed. We know the endgame plans for the ride. There's no vacuum, so people are less likely to run off and make assumptions.

What i'm saying is, even if the retheme isn't the explanation for the currently unpainted sections of track, we have a story from the park that suggests a ride future, so its harder to write off, whereas JR has no story, no endgame, no official word from the park - just a litany of date extensions. The two are different.

18 minutes ago, joz said:

I agree. The park hasn't said anything, so we can just make up and assume what we want and that's the park's fault.

Its fundamentally human nature to want to know why, and to try to provide an explanation where no apparent explanation exists. It's not strictly limited to theme parks.

And this isn't just to mudsling VR either. Dollywood was pretty tight lipped on the problems with lightning rod during its long downtime too - so, i'm not suggesting its the park's fault - as i said its human nature - i'm just saying the reason why Sidewinder isn't being regarded as the same situation is because there are known factors about sidewinder that give people the foundations of an explanation that they don't have for JR.

• 2 weeks later...

Trains were stripped  down repainted, parts replaced and and put back together months ago, ever since any work on the track has been minimal with either 1 or 2 workers the most I’ve seen grinding, sanding and painting, what ever their doing their not in a hurry, the 6th December is start school holidays so maybe it purely that the attendance isn’t high enough to warrant putting man power and $$$ into opening another ride just yet. 

• Like 2