Sea World 2020 Maintenance

themagician

41 minutes ago, colonelbmx said:

Trains were stripped  down repainted, parts replaced and and put back together months ago, ever since any work on the track has been minimal with either 1 or 2 workers the most I’ve seen grinding, sanding and painting, what ever their doing their not in a hurry, the 6th December is start school holidays so maybe it purely that the attendance isn’t high enough to warrant putting man power and $$$ into opening another ride just yet. 

Wouldn’t want to have more than one adult ride open. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, colonelbmx said:

what ever their doing their not in a hurry, the 6th December is start school holidays so maybe it purely that the attendance isn’t high enough to warrant putting man power and $$$ into opening another ride just yet. 

Classic VRTP. But I'll give them a pass this time because of the pandemic.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Naazon said:

Anyone know why Castaway Bay Sky Climb is closed?

COVID restrictions for QLD outdoor playgrounds have lifted

Assume just general maintenance prior to peak period. 

It has been open post-COVID closures so it’s not a case of it being closed due to social distancing or touch points etc 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, joz said:

Stop making shit up

Who says i'm making it up? It could very well be money saving considering there was virtually no interstate visitors for months, the parks were unusually quiet and students were at school - just a thought. You don't always need to jump down people's throats when their opinions or thoughts are different to yours ;) 

Sorry you took offence to my comment 🤷‍♂️

44 minutes ago, Flynn_Smith said:

Who says i'm making it up? It could very well be money saving considering there was virtually no interstate visitors for months, the parks were unusually quiet and students were at school - just a thought. You don't always need to jump down people's throats when their opinions or thoughts are different to yours ;) 

Sorry you took offence to my comment 🤷‍♂️

It's not that he took offence to your comment, it's that your comment makes no sense and is based with no logical arguments

48 minutes ago, Jdude95 said:

It's not that he took offence to your comment, it's that your comment makes no sense and is based with no logical arguments

In a time where VRTP themselves were saying they could not operate without any government assistance and they needed raised capacity, i think it's a fair suggestion to say that they did not utilise some of their attractions due to money saving. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Flynn_Smith said:

Who says i'm making it up? It could very well be money saving

Well - the question was:

21 hours ago, Naazon said:

Anyone know why Castaway Bay Sky Climb is closed?

And your answer was

21 hours ago, Flynn_Smith said:

Money saving at this stage.

You didn't state that as a possibility. You stated it as a fact. The question was "does anyone know" and you answered as if you did.

Although you ended your post with this assumption:

21 hours ago, Flynn_Smith said:

Should probably open up by the school holidays, i'd assume 🤷‍♂️

It still reads as if you know the answers and reasons, which, judging by your later replies, you don't.

It could very well be money saving  - just a thought.

7 hours ago, Flynn_Smith said:

i think it's a fair suggestion to say that they did not utilise some of their attractions due to money saving. 

It's a fair suggestion yes. The problem is you didn't present it as a suggestion. You presented it as fact. You need to rethink how you present your opinion so it isn't mistaken as presentation of fact.

I could say 'flynn smith is a child' or I could say 'i think flynn smith is acting like a child'. Both of them seem to be very similar, except I have prefaced one with 'i think' which lets everyone know that i'm not stating something as fact, and only my opinion.

You don't always need to jump down people's throats when their opinions or thoughts are different to yours

Nobody has jumped down your throat for sharing your opinion. Only that you represented it as fact. The sooner you recognise this and stop climbing up on that high horse every time you're taken to task over something you've said, you'll learn to go back and consider what part you played in being shot down. You scored an own goal. recognise your mistake and move on.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...