Wet n Wild GC in 2020

themagician

I’ve heard through a reliable source that 2020 will be the year for WnW GC. With possible slide refurbishments, relocations and one (maybe even two) new attractions. Multiple locations within the park are being explored (Buggy’s, Mach 5, Behind Block Hole). 

I would at least hope to see Mach 5 removed, with a replacement attraction and some slide refurbs (River rapids, Aqualoop, Constrictor, Tornado). After WWWs big investments last year, I hope that is a wake up call for VRTP to invest into the park properly.

• Like 5

Slides are generally cheaper than coasters, and WNW is definitely (over)due for some new additions - though given the scale of additions at MW and SW perhaps they want something bigger (think Holiday World’s Mammoth). Any investment might be delayed depending on what happens with the VRL takeover bid, guess we will see...

@Dano46610 fountaining everyone’s comments when you disagree with them makes you look like a child. You probably are one, but that doesn’t mean you have to act that way. Grow up. 
Regarding sources, when long standing members post they have heard something, they don’t do it for shits & giggles, It’s because they have heard something they legitimately believe to be true. If you give away your sources, they stop being sources. Believe what you will, but don’t be a tool about it 

14 hours ago, themagician said:

I’ve heard through a reliable source that 2020 will be the year for WnW GC.

Well, 2020 won't be the year for Sea World anymore, so its definitely possible! ;)

14 hours ago, Dano46610 said:

Provide the reliable source @themagician

You're an idiot.

9 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Regarding sources, when long standing members post they have heard something, they don’t do it for shits & giggles, It’s because they have heard something they legitimately believe to be true. If you give away your sources, they stop being sources. Believe what you will, but don’t be a tool about it 

Well put Brad. In short, when a kid comes onto the board and starts spouting that they know shit, and their rep count is 18, you're gonna have some doubts. SOme will ask for proof, or sources, others will discount you altogether, some will remain open minded. its human nature to be skeptical.

On the other hand, when someone with a 3500 rep count says something, they've earned a little credibility on the boards. It doesn't make what they're saying true, but theres a high chance they're getting it from some sort of well connected source. And, as Brad mentioned - sources stop being sources if you reveal who they are.

• Like 5

On 16/01/2020 at 10:55 AM, themagician said:

I’ve heard through a reliable source that 2020 will be the year for WnW GC. With possible slide refurbishments, relocations and one (maybe even two) new attractions. Multiple locations within the park are being explored (Buggy’s, Mach 5, Behind Block Hole). 

A slide relocation? Interesting.

Anyway the only thing WnW needs is a new unique attraction (Sidewheel, the newest version looks awesome and would be an Australian first), a small Master Blaster complex (similar to Typhoon lagoon) and of course slide repaints/refurbishments.

• 6 months later...

I visited WnW this morning and here is a look at the scales that were talked about earlier in the year

IMG_3091.thumb.jpeg.f343b959b842f1f1b04e47abcefd8538.jpeg

IMG_3095.thumb.jpeg.a852d4f49dfd43ca1d323b00c2330832.jpeg

Extensive maintenance work is happening on Calypso Beach

IMG_3083.thumb.jpeg.6c142d6dc0e57c6f1a36d36973860222.jpeg

And while I didn't get a photo of it, the shade sail has returned to the Black Hole and it appears all works on the structure are now complete

• Like 3