New Attraction for Dreamworld Suggestions

Once TOT2 station and track is removed, it will allow a smooth transition between ABC World & Dreamworks so I would expect we’ll get 1 or 2 kiddie/family flats in this space. 

I would also love to see a modern replacement for the Log Ride, or at least a major refurb with new theming 

i think further attractions will depend on the outcome of the mooted land sales/property development

• Like 2

I don't mind the idea of a power splash, but it doesn't fill the same void in the park as Rocky Hollow or TRR. A log rideis a genuine family ride, a power splash is a ride that isn't thrilling enough for most thrillseekers, and is really at the high end for what you could reasonanly call a family ride. So if you wanted to do a power splash, fine, but it's not really something that works as a log ride replacement, and there's about 5 other things DW needs first before a power splash.

That power loop looks like such a confused concept, because by adding an inversion you've taken out the family element all together, and you now have a ride that is borderline not that thrilling, that families won't ride, that you also get wet on. In the right park maybe it'd work, but it's a very firm no from me.

Edited by joz
  • Like 5

I know this may be a generic answer, but I feel the next thrill ride needs to be BIG. The Tower of Terror is IMO the biggest attraction and draw card Australian theme parks have ever had. On this, it’s great to invest in gap fillers and small draw cards but I think to really bounce back, a BIG ride is needed, something that truely is ground breaking. An Intimidator 305 or something similar would be my pick. Big cost associated with it but considering the cost of the blue fire clone, it’s really not too far off that price point.

This would really give Dreamworld’s skyline a WOW factor and be an attraction that would genuinely draw locals and tourists back to Dreamworld. It’d also make Dreamworld the thrill capital of Australia again. The big thrills worked well for Dreamworld in the past, so I think that’s what I want to see moving forward.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, djrappa said:

100% needs a Chute the Chutes ride to anchor ocean parade. Have even done the numbers and one could fit into existing area footprint without losing much at all 

Cool idea. Would love for Mack to do it though. A custom compact Super Splash model with an elevator lift, and head chopper airtime hill before the splashdown. Similar to this model at Plopsaland De Panne:

For some reason this supersplash model is not listed on rcdb.... but the more generic 'Atlantica' supersplash model is https://rcdb.com/2928.htm).

• Like 1

100% agree with the sentiments mentioned here. If log ride is to be removed, it has to be replaced with a ride for everyone. Log Ride was great because anyone from age 1 to 100+ could ride it and enjoy it together. Whilst Dreamworld has heaps of rides for all ages, it is lacking rides everyone can ride and have fun together. Sure, its still the best park on the coast for that category (with the Train, Sky Voyager, Vintage Cars) there's still a long way to go. Replacing it with a Super Splash or a Power Splash would be a massive mis-step.

16 hours ago, djrappa said:

100% needs a Chute the Chutes ride to anchor ocean parade. Have even done the numbers and one could fit into existing area footprint without losing much at all 

I know there are little-to-no similarities, but how many people would "too soon" any sort of new water ride at Dreamworld?

If the log ride is going, then they definitely need to replace it with another water based ride. And I would be more than happy if it was just another (but modern) log ride. It’s a staple for a theme park, especially within the climate. If WWW was still an area of DW then they might be able to get away without having a water ride, but now that it’s seperate it’s an essential. 

Another ride within Ocean Parade is necessary and I would love to see the park get a dark ride (even if it was a shooting dark ride like JL). When the park had the laser skirmish it was always very popular (especially when it was Alien vs Predator). If they could make it more thrilling than JL but keep it as a family attraction it would be an awesome addition.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, themagician said:

Another ride within Ocean Parade is necessary

Disagree.

For years we shot the park to pieces because everything they built was being put into Ocean Parade and the rest of the park was ignored. Buzz and MDMC were the exceptions until SV came along.

On busy days, Ocean Parade is always clustered with people, while you can sometimes walk down other pathways around the park and not pass a single person on your way from one place to another.

What they need to do is balance the park out - and spread the crowds wider than just Ocean Parade.

I do like the idea of joining Dreamworks to ABC Kids, but with the ABC kids building facades, the train line, and the majority of Dreamworks fronting up to the bare ToT wall, I don't see it happening too quickly.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

According to the GCB, the new coaster is 30 million AUD.

Intimidator 305 cost roughly 37 million AUD using today’s conversion.

There's a big difference between $30m and $37m.

Besides, if it cost $37m 10 years ago, you're not going to get it for that price in Australia today, given our higher labour/material/shipping costs.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

According to the GCB, the new coaster is 30 million AUD.

Intimidator 305 cost roughly 37 million AUD using today’s conversion.

Bear in mind you should be taking into account the fact that steel has gone up in price since 2010 and the cost of shipping the track down here, plus labour costs etc would be far greater than it would be in America, so you'd be looking at a good $45 million at least which i dont see Village, let alone Ardent, being prepared to spend on a single ride.

Edited by Baconjack
  • Like 1

...and don't forget the Australia tax on top of that - everything is more expensive - sending your techs out to oversee provisioning is a higher cost flight from most places around the world.

Literally EVERYTHING is more expensive.

AND our dollar back in around 2012 was on parity with the USD, and today it's in the .60s.

• Like 1

I think that replacing HWSW with something along the lines of a RMC Raptor Clone or another compact, rare and decent-priced attraction would be perfect. The Raptor Clone would be no more than AUD$15m and would have higher capacity than the slow operations that HWSW holds, and would be unique to Australia/Southern Hemisphere.

As for RHLR, log flumes are extremely expensive now due to high theming and immersion. I think maybe a refurb or something would be better (taller drop, new theming) rather than a completely new flume.

• Like 2