New Attraction for Dreamworld Suggestions

24 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,  put it on top of Central park station.

We're only just getting that view of the Murrisippi back from the front gate, That would kill it again.
With TOT going, surely they could squeeze one somewhere along where the track currently sits. If it was somewhere like that, it would be a perfect central location for the park and make for great landscape photos of the park with the tower and the wheel. Modify the train station to have stairs/elevator/ramp/whatever up to a second level where it goes across the train line and joins to the wheel station.
That would probably cause things to be a bit cramped though unless the whole station got a massive rework. Plus the walkway from the top of the station would need to be enclosed so smoke from the tractor or by some miracle, the train, doesn't gas everyone above.

I definitely think something big impact and small footprint like a wheel or something should go somewhere along that central corridor. It would make use of finally having the park not be split in half and that central location to get great views of the park and even the carpark. As mentioned before, it's always fun playing the "spot our car" game while 200ft in the air.

Edited by Jdude95

52 minutes ago, Jdude95 said:

Just blow up central park station and install a huge wheel

Might as well. It's not like they have a train.

15 minutes ago, Jdude95 said:

We're only just getting that view of the Murrisippi back from the front gate, That would kill it again.

You can't see the Murrisippi from the front gate. Even with ToT infrastructure gone, you're still just looking at MDMC \ MDMC Giftshop.

image.png.6dff7e8e7898ba50e64852be3e87720a.png

15 minutes ago, Jdude95 said:

It would make use of finally having the park not be split in half and that central location to get great views of the park and even the carpark. As mentioned before, it's always fun playing the "spot our car" game while 200ft in the air. 

I'm sure you're joking about putting it on top of the train station, but you'd have to if you wanted views of the carpark (almost). Nearmap's land heights put the Murrisippi around 4-7 metres A.S.L, and the front gate up around 27 metres A.S.L. The train tracks are between 7-9 metres A.S.L, so the hub of the wheel will only just be higher than the front gate facade. It's not going to be the impressive skyline you're looking for, and you're only going to spot your car if you're parked in the bottom end of the carpark.

Edited by AlexB

9 minutes ago, AlexB said:

I'm sure you're joking about putting it on top of the train station, but you'd have to if you wanted views of the carpark (almost). Nearmap's land heights put the Murrisippi around 4-7 metres A.S.L, and the front gate up around 27 metres A.S.L. The train tracks are between 7-9 metres A.S.L, so the hub of the wheel will only just be higher than the front gate facade. It's not going to be the impressive skyline you're looking for, and you're only going to spot your car if you're parked in the bottom end of the carpark.

Honestly, I think the seriousness went out the window when the suggestion of a wheel in main street wasn't liked. It's all been pretty downhill from there. Much like the land levels from the front of the park.

A wheel where the fountain is now would give amazing views... of the rooves of the Main Street buildings... which, apart from Sky Voyager, would need lots of work to be presentable when seen from above. Additionally, the facades would be revealed to be just that. 

ToT's station would be too close to the tigers for my liking (as with Pandamonium's location).

Fairytale Treasures' spot might work, but that building serves a purpose to divide the theming of Main Street and Goldrush. If Goldrush is re-themed, plonking the Wheel at Fairytale Treasure's spot would do me fine. Again, would still require work on any surrounding buildings without theming on their rooves.

If they were to remove the log ride and they were to install a wheel, I think the wheel would could replace it in that location. It’s by the creek, amongst the trees, doesn’t directly look onto the Main Street roofs, views of corroboree and the new coaster.

But honestly, I don’t think a wheel would be right for DW. SW definitely, but not for any of the other parks. We’ve seen the view from the top of the GD and honestly it’s nothing exciting.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, themagician said:

If they were to remove the log ride and they were to install a wheel, I think the wheel would could replace it in that location. It’s by the creek

Great idea!

384px-Wheel_of_Brisbane_and_the_flooded_

People - Dreamworld's highest point is right by the front gate. Everything else in the park is significantly lower than that.

I do like the fairy shop idea - depending on what they do with the ex-goldrush land.

Everyone keeps talking about how a wheel wouldn't fit, and there's nothing to look at.

A 60-ish metre wheel near the front gate would have views to logan in the north, scenic rim to the west, gold coast and tweed to the south. Yawn right? except - that is the tribal lands of the Yugambeh people. Modern wheels have audio and visual entertainment systems, air conditioning, and lighting. It's not a far stretch to partner up with the Yugambeh elders to tell a story of their lands that could be built into the onboard system, and make the wheel more than just a 5 minute circle in the sky. It'd also assist financing the purchase of the ride, as it would fit the criteria of some government grant opportunities, just as corroborree did, and make Dreamworld THE park to visit for foreign visitors wanting to immerse themselves in something uniquely Australian.

Plus, it's airconditioned - a rarity in the park. ;)

52 minutes ago, themagician said:

I do really like that idea of the story telling, but if that was the case it should be in the back of the park

You mean like they do on SkyVoyager?

at the back of the park provides views of the sporting fields directly behind it.

At least at the front you have park on one side, and spot the car on the other.

What's the obsession with spot the car thats literally shit for anyone over the age of 5.

I’d still support putting it at the old TOT site. Even though its lower, at least the stuff of relevance is closer to the viewer.

Think about how Fuji Q is, the park slopes downwards. If you put the wheel at the top of the park yeah its higher, but then you wouldn’t get shots like this:

1c2bfabbff144ea3072ffa214bba5072.jpg

Edited by Gazza

10 minutes ago, AlexB said:

I actually did think that, but if its replacing HWSW, OP would need something added...

Agree the wheel could not be the sole replacement for HWSW as the footprint would be large enough for 2-3 attractions. Even if they chose to put a new coaster in there, with planning and design it would make for an even better accompaniment to the wheel. 

16 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

HWSW isn’t close to closing even though it seems that way. @Brad2912

It may not be “close” but I don’t think it will be there in 5 years, and given the long lead time and high capex involved in theme park attractions, 5 years isn’t far away and would certainly fall within the current planning timeline 

I do think realistically HWSW has no more than 5 or so years left in it, and once gone I’d love to see another coaster there. I think the best fit would be a Gerstlauer Infinity coaster, like Hangtime at Knotts. Would fit nicely in the footprint and a good fit aesthetically for both the parks skyline and the ocean parade theme - it’d be great to keep the WWW coaster/slide interaction too. 

• Like 2

I don’t know why Australian parks have this fascination with sacking everything at the front 200m of a park. 
Put a new coaster back in the park to draw people into it. Our parks are terribly cramped when you compare them to something say like Knotts or Magic Mountain. 

• Like 3

Well, Movie World has neighbours behind it that complain about noise, and Dreamworld has Animals that are potentially sensitive to loud thrill rides - Sure, there are ways to get around that, but when its easier to plonk something in the carpark, or right on top of every other ride you already have, why would you bother?