Shipping containers in Dreamworld car park

2 hours ago, ejpdtd said:

I mean its a german container, Mack is based in germany. But I dont know anything about shipping containers, does the name not mean anything?

Because, as you have said, this is a german container and Mack is a german company (with all of this ride's components being manufactured in Germany), it is safe to assume that its contents are relevant to the new coaster, most likely components for the footings although it could be supports or even track.

It would also be odd for the coaster parts to arrive before any ground work was even started?

Ignore the name on the shipping container, it’s a global shipping company. 

There are heaps of valuable parts that Magic Mountain want from TOT. They aren’t going to ship them over piece by piece via Australia Post...

6 hours ago, Baconjack said:

it is safe to assume that its contents are relevant to the new coaster

Boneheaded comment of the month.

It might be 'plausible' to assume. You might even stretch to say 'reasonable' to assume (even though, they literally service every populated continent in the world).

But 'safe' to assume a german container is from germany, containing ride parts from a german manufacturer?

Especially since we know that Mack ships rides in Hapag-Lloyd containers because they're cheaper, so its safe to assume that Hamburg-Sud containers won't be used to ship this one.

I now post unequivocal proof that Mack doesn't use Hamburg-Sud containers, and its safe to assume i'm right.

DSCN7981.JPG.d79da4ca571090f3feef6259d38

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Gazza said:

MFW you know that parks can organise their own shipping anyway.

+  if a shipping container company is short on containers the companies will lease other containers from their competitors to fill the order.

You don't go sorry Mr Mack we are short 3 containers so we don't want your business.  No! you call your competitor who you already have an agreement with and say give me 3 of your good ones. 😂

Edited by Skeeta