Movie World Feb 2020 Update

themagician

14 hours ago, Skeeta said:

I don't know about that.   I often while driving pass will pull in and have a quick ride of Rivals and leave.    It’s a great way of making a bad day good.😀 

Have done the same. Rivals and if the queue isn’t too nuts Superman. Turns a shitty or stressful day around haha, or wakes me up if I’ve had no sleep 

Edited by Brad2912
  • Like 1

I don't know why but it's nice to hear people as cynical as members of this page can be do something enthusiast like. Warms the heart really ❤

Also MW's problem is that 3 quaters of their rides are the big rides. So close any 2 and you're probably closing 2 big ones. Superman/Rivals at the same (and probably Scooby/Wild West at the same time) is just asking for trouble. They may not care about the guest experience but they should realise it will affect their Net Promoter Score.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, TheChad said:

For a park that only has around 10 big rides it does a terrible job spreading them out with maintenance. Does it really take a month as well, it’s cost cutting at its finest 

Yes. You can completely tear down, send out for inspection, paint and rebuild a train in 2 weeks. They are clearly saving money by staying shut an extra 2 weeks

Would you be upset if I called you a muppet?

5 hours ago, Levithian said:

Yes. You can completely tear down, send out for inspection, paint and rebuild a train in 2 weeks. They are clearly saving money by staying shut an extra 2 weeks

Would you be upset if I called you a muppet?

They get a repaint every maintenance period do they? I don’t think so. How come overseas parks can consistently keep their attractions open but we can’t? Is the painting team different there or are those parks muppets too?

7 hours ago, TheChad said:

They aren’t doing it well if they still need the month of maintenance. Disney must do it’s maintenance inbetween it’s 365 days of operation. 

Ok @TheChad it's time to come down from that horse... it seems a little too high for you.

You're a little new here, and even if you've been lurking a while, you should try to bear in mind that this site has existed in one shape or another for 16 years, and many of the folks around here have been here that long, or almost that long.

So before you start shooting your mouth - its fine to have an opinion, but do consider the responses you're getting to that opinion, and who its coming from. This site has members who are FAR. MORE. INTIMATELY. INVOLVED. IN. PARK. MAINTENANCE. than you.

• Seasonal parks can get loads of maintenance done in their off season
  • Seasonal parks in Australia also do, but still have downtime during their operating season when something unforeseen occurs
  • Comparing a little park like Movie World with Disney is like comparing a Datsun 120Y with a Ferrari. One costs a lot more and is worth a lot more
  • Disney can employ many more people to get jobs done quicker, and do more regular maintenance overnight. Park attendances aren't even in the same league.

While you're holding Disney up as the pinnacle of speedy maintenance, bear in mind their current schedule has Snow White, Haunted Mansion and King Arthur's Carousel closed with no firm opening date, with Snow White down since January 7th (43 days ago) and the other two since January 21 (29 days ago).

Disney doesn't publish their entire annual calendar a year in advance like Movie World does either, with their current maintenance schedule only visible on a day-by-day basis up until April 2nd... and guess what? those three rides are still showing as down for maintenance (which for Snow White, will be 86 days downtime).

For those following along at home - Disney aren't doing it well if their ride needs THREE months of maintenance!

Disneyland is notorious for changing its refurbishment schedules, adding or canceling planned downtimes weeks or days in advance. While this practice is still relatively uncommon in the grand scheme of things, it’s worth pointing out because it does happen.

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/disneyland-refurbishment-calendar/

• Like 3

2 hours ago, westical said:

*Disneyland

• Hong Kong follows the same 'roughly' two months in advance as California, although current info is unavailable as the park is closed due to the Covid-19 situation.
  • Shanghai's website design, and 'two month in advance' layout (the same style as california AND hong kong) suggest they probably do the same, but cannot confirm due to covid-19.)
  • Tokyo publishes about six monthly, with the July-December period due to be published in May
  • Paris has currently published until June, with no other information on when further months will be posted.
  • Florida has a similar system to California, but their closures are displayed up until August, which is 6 months.

My original statement - that Disney doesn't publish their annual calendar a year in advance stands.

I’ve worked at DisneyWorld have you? Not shooting my mouth just commenting my take on their operations, do you not agree closing three major attractions at one time is a bad move? A theme parks goal should be to have its attractions in operation as much as possible, what good is a park full of closed rides. 

Who would have thought a launch coaster would need yearly down time on anything that wasnt a train.

You know, like the whole launch system, those cables, massive drum, complex hydraulic drive unit with multiple stages and all those hoses. 

Nope. None of that needs any down time. Why arent they scheduling it on christmas or anzac day? The park is closed, im sure they can get it all done by lunch time. 

Edited by Levithian
  • Like 1

• joz locked this topic