Rocky Hollow Log Ride officially closed

Zanstabar

1 hour ago, wikiverse said:

It looks like Dreamworld are actually planning for the future though.

It's all talk and little action at this stage. How many times can you talk about removing a ride to replace it with new attractions with the latest technology, without actually taking that action, before it just looks like spin? Most of us know it's spin, and judging by comments on DW's social media, the GP is starting to realise that too 

Edited by GoGoBoy
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Tim Dasco said:

I recon by the end of the year the park is gonna look completely different

Is that difference going to be 4 major attractions open and running because if not who cares? 

It's easy to fly a "hey we are doing so good" when all of the things are drop in the ocean spend wise and basically the most you can do for the least amount of investment as possible.
Yet to see a single non reactionary move from the park since the accident.

@Jdude95I disagree with you on this particular thing (on the grounds that the writing has been on the wall for all these attractions for a long time and at the very least Wipeout would've been easy to replace in a short time frame). But I also get your point and where you're coming from, but it doesn't affect my time in the house that your opinion is different to mine.

If you want to make the point that new management are doing the best with the shitty hand they were dealt, I think there's a conversation where some common ground may be found. But to say that the direction they're going in is good isn't backed up, and won't be till they open a new family ride, and a new coaster after they've finished building Blue Fire. For now them saying 'We're making the park better' is all talk even if they do make the place better in a few years.

Again dont be sad people disagree with you. I've been saying for years that I think a shoot the chutes would be a good attraction for WnW. Exactly zero per cent of the people on this forum agree with me. That's ok, if people weren't allowed the have differing opinions from the mods we'd call the site Theme Parkz Review. We're just as opinionated as anyone though, and what's the point of a forum if it's just an endless circle jerk about how right we all always are?

Edited by joz
  • Like 5

I understand that not everyone will agree with me but I also understand that it takes more than 1 month to undo over 10 years of shitty management and no investments. I'll probably die on this hill and I don't even mind.

Also, I for one, welcome our new chute overlords. It would be a hell of a lot better than Surfrider...

My arguments have been that the reaction to this has been a bit over the top in some cases and that the new management team is doing what they can with what they have been given. I'd imagine it would also probably be hard to finalise a 10 year+ plan when you've got the results of an inquest looming, yet to be delivered at an unknown date. I feel like once that is past and there's less unknowns (now that we at least have the date for the findings) is when we will be able to tell how much they are actually looking to the future.
If we see a lack of investment and future plan then we will definitely know that they don't know how to run a park, nor care about doing so and I will accept that. It'll be a bit of a kick in the teeth but I'd accept that I was wrong putting my faith in the new management team and park as a whole.

Edited by Jdude95
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

Everything being done is clearly long term plans.

Everything DW are doing is clearly luck.   SV was going to Brisbane and coaster was going to China.   

Shading will never replace wipeout.  DW & Hot wheels deal has clearly ended so DW have no choice but to re-theme.  

Watetslides are public pool grade. 

A few kid rides cost nothing for a big theme park.  Out of all areas of the park that need a redo, ABC should be on the bottom of the list.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Levithian said:

YES, It's a portion of luck that one was available so easily. It isn't luck in EVEN THE SLIGHTEST

You're contridicting yourself here but for the record its 210% luck.

1. It's lucky a coaster fell into DW lap otherwise DW could be waiting for years.

Yes DW became active in looking for a coaster but only after all their other ideas turned out to be shit and DW pulled the plug on them.

2. It's lucky this was the coaster that fell into DW's lap and it wasn't another MDMC.

I don't know about you but if I was buying a new car for myself I would have an I idea what car I wanted and not leave it to the gods. 

2 hours ago, Levithian said:

That's where you are wrong. They knock it out of the park for kids, better than seaworld and miles ahead of movieworlds offering. 

Sorry but Skeeta is not wrong here.

DW do 5-12 better than SW & MW but ABC isn't 5-12.  Heck when my daughter was 2 or 3 she could ride a coaster at SW.  

When I decide what park my family visits it doesn't come down to what themed carosoul my 3 year old prefers.

Your right @Levithian the amount of luck  DW had, has now gone off the Richter scale., probably more like 300%.   

Finally putting some money aside isn't great planning it's we're f$%cked if we don't finally spend some seriously money into DW people might never come back.  

DW's have had at least 5 plans to get people back in the park and we are now finally at the point where DW are willing to spend money.   

DW's like a cat on a hot tin roof jumping from one plan to another.

That's not great planning .  That's DW treading water.  

SV didn't bring the people back so now they're placing all bets on a coaster.  

That's not great planning.

Replacing wipeout with shaded seating and not provide shading isn't great planning it's embarrassing..

Plonking a concrete path down isn't great planning it's a cheap fix.

5 hours ago, Levithian said:

Wrong again on the kids. At 2 she might have been tall enough (bullshit) to ride a coaster, and she might have been brave enough, but she is in the minority. 

At this point you should probably go to SW and check out what they have on offer for toddlers before you say anymore.  I wouldn't want you to be that person jumping up and down for something you are clueless about.

Oh yea that great planned concrete path now leads you to a closed ride.

Skeet...

Do you understand that spending money on new rides and attractions, along with within your park is a plan, requires planning, and is an action? 

No?

Planning

Spending money

Building rides

All things weve complained about dreamworld not doing, showing no signs of doing, and going backwards so fast its like nobody was running the ship. 

And none of their plans included actually doing something. Certainly not a new megacoaster. 

They arent placing all bets on a coaster. You just finished bagged them for daring to plan other things with the park. Youre everything I said is wrong with vrtp, focused purely on attractions while everything around you suffers. 

Yes, and those kinds of decisions is what they were crucified over and what they are trying to counteract. Can you not see this is something positive instead of just focusing on the negatives of the past?

Ive been to seaworld and dreamworld in the past month with Mr 3 and Ms 6. I didnt say seaworld were bad, I said dreamworld has a leading kids area that is better than seaworld (it is), and miles better than anything movieworld offers. 

You were the one actually suggesting that dreamworld was so good it didnt need money spent there, while I differed and said thats exactly why it needs a spend, to keep it up to that standard as its one part of the park they are getting right. 

Blame them for poor maintenance and upkeep in the past, then blame them for being proactive. You cant have it both ways. 

Edited by Levithian
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, T-bone said:

Sure it’s no major spike in 

Thank you for proving my point.  SV was never going to be the major spike DW was chasing to pull themselves out of the poop hole.  In fact since SV opening DW have closed 3 major rides and replaced with 0.

@Levithian  you said SW had no coaster a 3 year-old can go on.  We are just going to go around in circles so I can't be bothered. 

9 minutes ago, red dragin said:

Always been like that on this forum. It's a bit like Holden vs Ford, people are passionate about their preferred brand (and some have been/are on the payroll for one or the other). 

Has nothing to do with your Holden vs Ford.   Every time Richard did a report on DW people would jump up and down and tell him he was only being negative because he prefered MW.  Looks like DW proved him right when they started killing guest I would say.

Green Lantern nearly killed people. The manufacturer got their engineering wrong, and MW didn't pick up on the fatigue during regular checking. 

RHRR was engineered/re-engineered wrong, and DM didn't identify/ignored the risks. And it did kill people. 

@Levithian has a preference for DM kids, you don't. There's your Holden v Ford similarity.

People are entitled to their opinions, wrong or right. Unless it's TPR apparently (not on there). Let's not turn into the Australian version of that. 

• Like 2