Jump to content

Rocky Hollow Log Ride officially closed


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How is it luck to be actively looking to replace a ride with a coaster and have one drop in your lap? YES, It's a portion of luck that one was available so easily. It isn't luck in EVEN THE SLIGHTEST

All coasters are available. You sign the deal, spend the money and get a delivery date. They would have announced a purchase, you just wouldnt be getting it so soon.  Thats the only element

For what it's worth, senior management at VRTP reached out to me many months ago when it became apparent that there'd be delays at Sea World and brought me in on the nature of these delays off the rec

Posted Images

From Dreamworld's "February Park Update" - https://www.dreamworld.com.au/whats-on/park-update?fbclid=IwAR1OcMrI_K1Y1NoFlFavg2nx01sZF9eHvDu3Jaz7cg8wr3P74R180XNq-Ik

"In order to continue Dreamworld’s journey as Australia’s biggest and best theme park, the Dreamworld team has made the decision to retire the Rocky Hollow Log Ride, which opened 38 years ago on 15 December 1981.

Dreamworld guests should be assured that this decision to not reopen the ride following its recent scheduled maintenance has been made to allow us to continue developing new experiences for guests while taking proactive steps to deliver a new generation of rides."

Link to post
Share on other sites

At least we don't have to see those canopy logs anymore. But seriously, it was a great ride for the park and I hope they do replace it with a family attraction (hopefully another flume style ride), but that's what the park needs. There are thrills and kids, but nothing really in between and that's what the park needs.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope, that’s not how the industry works. They’ve got to keep these prices to be able to pay for future rides to replace the ones they remove. It’s the same when an attraction is down for maintenance, they don’t lower prices because one or more rides are being inspected/repaired. The industry leaders, Disney and Universal don’t do it either.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Rabbit2014 said:

This is poor from dreamworld let’s keep closing ride, now gone are thunder river rapids, wipeout, tower of terror, log ride and only one roller coaster as replacement ride to area of river rapids if it doesn’t get canceled 

How dare they close a death trap, 2 rides not financially or logistically viable to continue operation and a 38 year old in-house designed ride!

 

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

How dare they close a death trap, 2 rides not financially or logistically viable to continue operation and a 38 year old in-house designed ride!

 

 

 


 

Doesn’t matter if it a broken ride or not financially viable, closing down large amount of rides without replacing them doesn’t look good if the  public wishing to visit the park, the park replaced Wipeout with seats and a bit of shade, tower of terror will Be removed and open the park up and connect wiggles world with dreamworks, log ride was running fine only real issue was the cage they added.

rumoured to be closing sooner or later as well is hotwheel sidewinder as a ride that opened at Luna park Sydney in 1995 before moving to dreamworld, even know they got a new train for it and renamed it in 2015/16, but coaster has problems for years, for a ride that manufactured in Melbourne by a company called Able Leisure Pty. Ltd. How long it has left remains to be seen

Also with the inquest result from thunder river rapids coming at end of months and all those waiting to start legal action against dreamworld which was reported to be around another 15 million on top of the 5 million they have paid out so far, the park spending more money on replacement rides in the near future might be heavy affected.

 

 

1 hour ago, westical said:

You’re forgetting Sky Voyager. 

Sky voyager replaced dreamworld cinemas but the ride isn’t a ride that you would ride over and over until they change the video 

  • Fountain of Improbability 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, themagician said:

Nope, that’s not how the industry works. They’ve got to keep these prices to be able to pay for future rides to replace the ones they remove. It’s the same when an attraction is down for maintenance, they don’t lower prices because one or more rides are being inspected/repaired. The industry leaders, Disney and Universal don’t do it either.

Universal Singapore offered $10 lunch vouchers when Battlestar Galactica closed to be retracked/fixed. It’s not impossible to think of someway to make it up to the customer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jdude95 said:

But they aren't building any new rides!! *insert screeching*

Hi Jdude I think the thrust of it is that TOT, Thunder River, Wipeout and Log Ride have all gone and so far only 2 will replace 4

Im cool with the coaster replacing tot as a thrill and im cool with SV replacing Thunder River as a broad family attraction...

But wipeout and the log ride are a couple of classics and I guess people want replacements for those too.

 

Out of interest? What opinion do you consider screeching?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was more referring to the general response to the news today.

New rides are coming, starting with a decent new coaster that begins work in the next month.
Remove the last of the in-house, super old, hasn't been open in months, rides, without building 6 new things in it's place first? That's unacceptable!

I can understand that people are disappointed but these are the same people that were screaming at DW to close every ride forever, after they killed people. They need to remove the old before they can bring in the new. Announcing it and removing it is a hell of a lot better than fencing it off for 5-10 years... or just continuing to run it.
We can't have our 40 year old, barely maintained attractions and ride them too

Edit: Also, although it wasn't specifically mentioned what type of attraction is coming, wasn't it mentioned that ABC would be getting an overhaul and new attraction? That's another potential family/younger age oriented attraction too

Edited by Jdude95
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey mate why do you rely on hyperbole so much?

You said people are screeching.

Next you said people expect 6 rides in place of one.

Also, who was screaming for every ride to be closed? It was only kujotess on here who did that, and they were just a troll anyway and left ages ago 

Help me out here? Are you saying parkz forum members don't know about the coaster, or that parkz members think that 6 rides need to replace 1 or what.

Can you quote the members saying this?

 

Generally speaking, when I have observed theme park forums, people tend to expect 1 replacement for each ride closed so the ride total at least remains steady 

MW seems to have done that, but SW and WNW have certainly copped flack for closing stuff down without replacing most of it.

Edited by Gazza
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, so here's my follow up questions.

Can you quote where I mentioned that it was specific members on the forums?
Or even where I mentioned that it was specifically anyone on the forums at all?

I do believe my comments were
 

52 minutes ago, Jdude95 said:

Did everyone forget that they announced a $30m coaster that is about to start construction?

 

7 minutes ago, Jdude95 said:

I was more referring to the general response to the news today.

 

  • Fountain of Improbability 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Gazza said:

But wipeout and the log ride are a couple of classics and I guess people want replacements for those too.

We got a replacement for Wipeout. It was the much needed un-shaded shaded seating area.

13 minutes ago, Gazza said:

You said people are screeching.

.

Can you quote the members saying this?

Cant quote members because they aren’t.

 

take a trip through the various social media he’s and groups and check what Joe & Karen Public are saying... if you can get past some of the screeching that is.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Rides sit sbno. People complain they should just get rid of it if they arent going to fix/repair/open it.

Rides removed rather than sit, degrading while nothing happens. People demand answers. Rides should be fixed and maintained not removed. 

Old rides running fine, people complain they are old and should be closed. Need to be replaced with something else.

Old rides close. People demand answers. They are part of the history of the park and should be saved.

Must be tough running a theme park in this country. 😐

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rabbit2014 said:


 

Doesn’t matter if it a broken ride or not financially viable, closing down large amount of rides without replacing them doesn’t look good if the  public wishing to visit the park, the park replaced Wipeout with seats and a bit of shade, tower of terror will Be removed and open the park up and connect wiggles world with dreamworks, log ride was running fine only real issue was the cage they added.

rumoured to be closing sooner or later as well is hotwheel sidewinder as a ride that opened at Luna park Sydney in 1995 before moving to dreamworld, even know they got a new train for it and renamed it in 2015/16, but coaster has problems for years, for a ride that manufactured in Melbourne by a company called Able Leisure Pty. Ltd. How long it has left remains to be seen

Also with the inquest result from thunder river rapids coming at end of months and all those waiting to start legal action against dreamworld which was reported to be around another 15 million on top of the 5 million they have paid out so far, the park spending more money on replacement rides in the near future might be heavy affected.

 

 

Sky voyager replaced dreamworld cinemas but the ride isn’t a ride that you would ride over and over until they change the video 

I can paraphrase that.... Blah.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.