My Trip To Sydney

scott

Hi All, I just came back from 4 days in Sydney! :D Like Seaworld,It was my first time,and was just one of the adventures were taking my French cousin these holidays.We flew on Virgin to get down there,couldn't stand the prospect of a day in the car :eek: Sydney is great,we did all the things a good tourist does,checked out the Opera House,went to Centre Point Tower,went swimming(not at Bondi)and went for a leisurely stroll at 9:00 too look at the city at night. But being a tourist is tiring,so,we went to Luna Park. Luna Park is a great looking place,and It really leaves you feeling festive,what with the loud music and smiling face of the Luna guy. We didn't have long,so I ended up going on 4 rides(two one day,two the next)and they were the Wild Mouse,Ranger,Tumble Bug and UFO. Not much to say about Wild Mouse,It's what you would expect.The Ranger was good in that it doesn't starts off by rocking slowly back and forth,gradually getting higher,but instead it simply tips you upside down,three times backwards and three times forwards,a nice little surprise compared to the one I went on In Brisbane three times. Tumble Bug could have gone higher,and a bit faster,but sometimes rides are more enjoyable when there slower. As for U.F.O,it was great,but I thank them for not making it too fast,and not too long, as It's a pretty intense ride. All in all,Sydney was great,and so is Luna Park.The only downside of course was finding out that it costs 150$ to do the climb to the top of the bridge. :( For those who don't live or haven't been to Sydney,make sure you check out Luna Park at night,it's really a great sight.

You’re JEOKING! How can you complain about $150 to climb one of Australia's most iconic landmarks? I haven't done it myself but know several people who have and they say it is amazing. Have a look at this, the person who is setting this up, SkyTours Operations Manager, is ex-Wonderland. "The Bus is now leaving for Jokers Yard, South Australia"

It may iconic of Aus,but It is also iconic of Sydney in that it cost the skin off your arse!.Come off it,people who have come halfway around the world to see this great city find that they have to pay up to 170$to climb to the top of the a bridge,which isn't even the highest point of the city.

It's interesting that Sydney Aquarium Ltd is going to be running the SkyWalk and Observation Deck business. Very soon they will also be opening up a new wildlife park right next to the aquarium. They are really branching out at the moment. Good on them - they obviously have experience operating world class attractions (not that I have ever been a big fan of Sydney Aquarium... always thought it could have been better layed out and themed a bit more)

Sorry, I thought you were talking about domestic flights. Bridge clmb still is pretty expensive, and it would be hard for a family to pay it, we couldnt afford to spend $600 for all of us to do it, the least they could do is a family discount. We didnt climb one of the plylons either, that was a rip off too. But Sydney tower was good, great view, but that sky tour thing was very corny, but the simulator was fun.

I find $170 to do something like that a drop in the ocean. It's the Sydney Harbour Bridge for sh*tes sake! For most people it will be a once in a lifetime thing. $170... who cares? Go to a tailor and get longer arms. Your pockets are too deep. Again, it's THE SYDNEY HARBOUR BRIDGE!

Blow it out your arse. I wasn't referring to you specifically, just anyone in general. All I did was give my opinion on the issue just like you did when you said it's too expensive. It was my opinion dolt, so go away in liquid form. Or is it doltess? Never come down to Sydney (please) and you won't have to worry about the $170. If you don't want to pay it, I don't give a toss!

It may iconic of Aus,but It is also iconic of Sydney in that it cost the skin off your arse!.Come off it,people who have come halfway around the world to see this great city find that they have to pay up to 170$to climb to the top of the a bridge,which isn't even the highest point of the city.
Scott Bridge Climb is just one of those things that people who come halfway around the world would pay that much to do, hell I live an hour from there and would be more than willing to pay that to experience it. As for it not being the highest point in Sydney, who cares, the views you get from there are so much better then from Sydney Tower. Look at the price and then think about all the costs they have, public liability insurance which would be well over $1 million a year, staff pay they run a tour every 10 minutes for about 10 hours a day, that’s a lot of staff considering every tour takes 3 hours. There are plenty of other costs but I would go on for pages listing them. Scott there is no point in setting up a poll because the majority of people here, like you, are under 18 and probably don't work so $170 would seem to be a large amount of money, when in the grand scheme of things, it's not. "The Bus is now leaving for Highest Point, NSW"

BridgeClimb has been one of the most successful tourism ventures in Australia. They definitely have a huge profit margin with that $170 so could easily charge less and still make money. But I guess the thing is if people are overall happy to pay it then why not. I would personally rather do the new Sydney Tower SkyWalk as BridgeClimb is old news

As for U.F.O,it was great,but I thank them for not making it too fast,and not too long, as It's a pretty intense ride.
Huss preset the ride times and speed for both the Enterprise and UFO, so Luna Park wouldn't have been able to change these. Huss has developed the speed and ride lengths so that they are safe and not to nausiating and intense.