Gold Coaster, Hiss-teria & Steel Taipan: Dreamworld reveals potential roller coaster names in trademark applications

Parkz News

Gold Coaster, Hiss-teria & Steel Taipan: Dreamworld reveals potential roller coaster names in trademark applications

With a new launched roller coaster due in late 2020 and an announced update of Hot Wheels SideWinder on its way, the first hints about themes come by way of recent trademark registrations for the names Gold Coaster, Hiss-teria and Steel Taipan.

Click here to continue reading

• Like 2

Steel Taipan works for me. Its a good strong name that invokes all sort of badassery. The name Gold Coaster would also work well with the rename of the Sidewinder. I suspect that the old girl still has some life left in her- its a fairly simple design and the fact that it stood SBNO for close to 6 years at LPS with minimal use means that despite its age, it actually has low km on the clock. I cant see it going anywhere in the short to medium term, espcailly when there are plenty of older Arrow loopers in the world still running.

• Like 4

Steel Taipan is a great power name that could easily become a household name, unlike the "Joker" ride that most prefer to call the "DC Rivals Hypercoaster" (because that name sucks!)

Gold Coaster - perfect fit for Ocean Parade and a great last name for the old girl. If DW are rebranding this, surely MW can squeeze some more life out of AA which is slightly younger & in better shape.

Hissteria sounds like a better name for a spinning flat ride than a Coaster.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TheChad said:

Hello Im new, long time reader. 
I have to disagree with y’all on this. I think Hissteria is a great name when you drop the hyphen, I think spelling it out like that makes it tacky. Steel Taipan is very generic to me and doesn’t have the uniqueness of Hissteria. 

Welcome TheChad (it was great).

The problem with wordplay puns, is when it's written without hyphens or other grammatical cues to point it out to you, it gets lost.

Most people think that's just how you spell Pandamonium, for example - so the hyphen helps people get the joke. But it is, as you say, tacky - so you either make it tacky, so people get it, or the joke goes over their head.

14 hours ago, MickeyD said:

surely MW can squeeze some more life out of AA which is slightly younger & in better shape.

Both opened in 1995, and as Jobe pointed out, Big Dipper was SBNO for almost 20% of it's life, so the age difference is negligible, but the wear and usage for each would be very different.

• Like 4