Gold Coaster, Hiss-teria & Steel Taipan: Dreamworld reveals potential roller coaster names in trademark applications

Parkz News

having a separate ride name for the spinning car? sounds a bit ridiculous. its the same coaster, just a different seat.

no doubt stick both on the attraction list as separate attractions too? don't be ridiculous.

Honestly, while the australiana theme is preferred, having a snake themed coaster with a 'special' "tail" probably lends itself well to "the rattlesnake". Just tape a playing card to the underside of the car so it makes a motorbike noise when it spins, and you're done!

Thunderbolt II

Thunderbolt Returns

Thunderbolt Revenge 

Thunderbolt's Revenge [didn't they keep a few pieces of steel from the old Thunderbolt? a nice piece of themeing]

or...just "Thunderbolt"

Bridging a state of the art attraction...to the glory of DW...the days that made it great!

That's what I'd be aiming for...a thoughtful name, not some shallow hyper-blahhhh name!

Edited by RobMac
  • Like 1

On 12/02/2020 at 9:27 PM, troll under the coaster said:

Maybe they are going to use both snake related names... call the track the steel taipan and the cars hiss-steria...

then you can ride the Hiss-treria on the steel taipan.

Or more likely an idea that doesn't suck :)

You might be on to something there. The coaster is Steel Taipan, and the spinning car is the Hissteria upcharge. 

On 17/02/2020 at 10:34 PM, TheChad said:

You might be on to something there. The coaster is Steel Taipan, and the spinning car is the Hissteria upcharge. 

Hissteria is a stupid name, and shouldn’t be used anywhere that is predominantly marketed. The name of a dessert with lolly snakes at the ice creamery would be as far as I would go with such a name 

30 minutes ago, Whombex said:

I'm on board with using the name Thunderbolt on the new Coaster.

I’m not. I don’t think there is a need to live in the past. It’s holding onto nostalgia for nostalgia’s sake when 98% of park attendees would have zero idea of the relevance or ties to the name. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Whombex said:

752000.thumb.jpg.f2115c7291e2657ae19f5a01e20dbcc7.jpg

I wasn’t being scientific, I was generalising. 
but I don’t Believe I would be far off. 

no one born post 2000 would have a single solitary idea about Thunderbolt unless they stumbled upon this forum on a boring school holiday and decided to ask dumb questions. 

Same rule applies to interstate and overseas visitors. 

Unless you are a theme park tragic, or grew up on the GC (which, let’s face it, is literally about 2% of the Current population as we are now nearly all Mexicans up here) then you don’t know that DW once had a coaster named thunderbolt. 

Edited by Brad2912
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

I wasn’t being scientific, I was generalising. 
but I don’t Believe I would be far off. 

no one born post 2000 would have a single solitary idea about Thunderbolt unless they stumbled upon this forum on a boring school holiday and decided to ask dumb questions. 

Same rule applies to interstate and overseas visitors. 

Unless you are a theme park tragic, or grew up on the GC (which, let’s face it, is literally about 2% of the Current population as we are now nearly all Mexicans up here) then you don’t know that DW once had a coaster named thunderbolt. 

I disagree with that. The amount of people (and young ones at that) that refer to the Cyclone as the Thunderbolt, thinking it’s the same coaster have some idea that the Thunderbolt was a thing. 

Im not on board with them naming the new coaster the Thunderbolt, but just thought I’d throw my 2 bobs worth in.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, T-bone said:

I disagree with that. The amount of people (and young ones at that) that refer to the Cyclone as the Thunderbolt, thinking it’s the same coaster have some idea that the Thunderbolt was a thing. 

Im not on board with them naming the new coaster the Thunderbolt, but just thought I’d throw my 2 bobs worth in.

What is your definition of a young person? 
it was retired in 2003, and a kid would have had to have been let’s say 5 to comprehend and remember the name despite not having been able to ride it, so by that rationale you would have had to have been born pre-1998, which means you are now at least 22. You may call that person a young adult, but again, I think the 22 is even generous, more like 27-28 to have some type of positive connotation to that name/ride on top of having either lived on the coast, or holidayed here numerous times. All in all, I’m not arguing they don’t exist, but there would be very few that fall do (in my opinion). 

6 hours ago, Skeeta said:

Rehatching the Thunderbolt name is a dumb idea.   

For people who never rode it – It was a bad coaster.

For people who did ride it – It was a bad coaster.

We don’t need to relive what a bad coaster it was.

So was Eureka but look what happened when old mate Craig thought it was a still operational. Everyone instantly forgot how much of a pile of shit it was and got clouded by their golden years (I had it work it in somewhere). I agree it would be a bad idea to call it Thunderbolt but I can see where people are coming from.

Just hold a contest so we can name it Rolley McCoasterFace already