Wet n Wild Feb 2020 Park Visit and Update

themagician

Yesterday myself and a few mates (from overseas) went to Wet n Wild and this was my first trip to the park in a long time, so I was interested to see how/if the park had changed.

The biggest change was the installation of scales for every attraction. At the beginning of each queue and at the top of each attraction, scales have been installation that guests must stand on before boarding/sliding. A number doesn’t come up, its just simply a green or red light. They have also added signage at the start of every attraction showing the seating arrangement within rafts (where the heavy be light people sit, depending on how many people are riding). This definitely helped with the boarding process. I will commend staff on their efficiency with the new scales process, as it didn’t seem to impact loading/wait times.

After the recent storms the lazy river was closed because it had been impacted by it. But also Black Hole and Surfrider were closed. The Black Hole had construction fencing around the entire attraction, with workmen up and down the stairs most of the day. And the Surfrider was tested a couple of times, but as always was closed. 

Because it was a hot weekend, we kept shoes on when walking around the park and some attractions did have storage containers at the start of queues, which is a great idea, but they should implement this for all attractions as shoes were being left on the pathway at entrances.

When I last went into the park, the tornados shade sail was removed. This has since been replaced, but not with the white circus style, but instead with kids playground shade sails. The Kamikaze’s shade sail was also removed which made the queue area very hot, but queuing on the stairs was even worse.

Overall staff were efficient and some were entertaining, but some were pretty useless. One guy was at the top of the Aqua Racer and didn’t say anything and just stood next to the button. Some people were struggling with the starting position, but no assistance was offered. In some runs, he would push the button before some people were even ready. An hour later someone else was up there and he was awesome. 

As a number of people have stated, some of the slides definitely need some attention/repaint. Aqualoop, River Rapids and Constrictor in particular. 

I also really wish they would sort out the mess between the entrance and wave pool. They need to remove the zip line tower, it’s got no purpose. They’ve also got a bar, food carts and ice cream truck, that makes the area a mess under the zip line tower. I think they need to construct some new facilities to accomodate these around this area. They could remove the old projector room and build a full new drink/food building. 

After visiting WhiteWater World recently, in comparison between the two, WWW I would see as the more superior water park. And at $20 cheaper, a lot better value for money. WnW may be bigger and have a lazy river (when it’s open), but I definitely don’t think it’s best. And not just because of the things I’ve mentioned, but also I see WWW as having a better range of attractions.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, themagician said:

As a number of people have stated, some of the slides definitely need some attention/repaint. Aqualoop, River Rapids and Constrictor in particular. 

Aqualoop is translucent. Painting it would likely make the inside a similar experience to black hole.

Constrictor is the newest slide in the park. If it needs some attention, then everything does.

14 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Aqualoop is translucent. Painting it would likely make the inside a similar experience to black hole.

Constrictor is the newest slide in the park. If it needs some attention, then everything does.

Isn't Super8 the newest now since they replaced the slide and fixed the finishing times?

But yes they need to sort out Black Hole, and replace Mach 5.

I've also never been on surf rider and only ever seen it operating once. kinda bummed about that.