Hot Wheels Sidewinder Refurbishment

Tin Foil Hat

Can confirm no coaster today, still undergoing testing. Will hopefully be in the next few days.

The store has opened though. Despite the efforts on the park exterior, there was no real effort inside. Pretty much looks the same. They’ve even still got the car track/crowd print on the back wall. The store just sells general merchandise that is found else where 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Rachelkinks said:

New theming is actually pretty decent 

I would love to see what they have done inside besides the tower as the ride operator outside the attraction told me yesterday it was a step up than what it used to be 

Edited by Jay Jay The Jet Plane

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought this name was boring and uninspired. But then I saw the themeing, and I love it, nice, bright, and like @Gazza said, the doors look like a seedy motel and I love seedy motels (one of the highlights of my US road trip was the seedy motel) :)

everything about it screams 1980's, the pastels, the motel doors, the fonts, the star on the logo, im getting acid flashbacks now

After visiting the park and going for a quick ride, I must say that I enjoy the presentation of the Gold Coaster. From the pastel colours to the plant graphics, it feels like a postcard vision of the Gold Coast with a dash of Golden Girls. With all that said I do wish that they could've done something bit more substantial. The renovation, while aesthetically pleasing, doesn't do anything to change the existing problems with the ride and it's queue. My biggest gripe might just be the sign at the entryway. I'll commend them for going for a Googie inspired design but the execution is just a bit too flat. Would've been great to seem some more depth or maybe even some texture to break it up. 

At the end of the day, it's great to see them tie this attraction back into Ocean Parade. When my only sensible comment is about an entry sign, I think you've done well.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The only thing I don't like about The Gold Coaster (probably since the original trains were replaced by Hot Wheels) Is that it doesn't make the iconic Arrow *cling clang* noise as it goes up the lift hill. After Sea Viper was demolished, it was the only coaster in Australia that did it

• Like 1