Coronavirus and theme parks

Well..Enjoy the theme parks this weekend, they’ll all be closed from Monday 

2 minutes ago, Original said:

The world has gone mad. And I was planning a trip to Disneyland too with flights so cheap at the moment. 

Our trip is now off for this year too. 

Better safe that sorry. With no free testing in the USA, most wont bother and will go about their lives, making others susceptible. 

Oh if I’d already booked and didn’t care about DL I’d still sure as hell be going. 
The hysteria is ridiculous and now with everything being cancelled and shut I think is over the top. 
It’s just the flu, have good hygiene and like you normally would with the flu, stay home and get better. 
I expect The Easter Show will now also end up being cancelled this year. 

3 minutes ago, Original said:

The hysteria is ridiculous and now with everything being cancelled and shut I think is over the top. 
It’s just the flu, have good hygiene and like you normally would with the flu, stay home and get better. 
I expect The Easter Show will now also end up being cancelled this year. 

It's not just the flu though. This doesn't have a vaccine, nor does it have treatments like Tamiflu.

So the flu has things that mitigate its potential impacts.

This doesn't have those backstops, so it has the potential to overwhelm the  healthcare system if allowed to spread quickly, which causes indirect deaths because people with all your regular illnesses and injuries can't get access for proper treatment.

It's one of those Y2K bug situations. If we take measures to slow its spread, and we avert a spike, then people will say those measures were over the top because it was a fizzer.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Gazza said:

This doesn't have those backstops, so it has the potential to overwhelm the  healthcare system if allowed to spread quickly, which causes indirect deaths because people with all your regular illnesses and injuries can't get access for proper treatment.

Sorry but this needs to be highlighted because that's what they are trying to stop.  I've read Italy is so overwhelmed that some hospitals will no treat you if you are over 60.

• Like 1

So it’s been officially announced the Royal Easter show is canceled. Do we think that some Australian theme parks might be next to close down? 

Luckily for most off our parks bar VRTP and Ardent most are getting ready to close for their winter period anyway and most likely won’t be effected as much.

Edited by Tim Dasco
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Skeeta said:

Sorry but this needs to be highlighted because that's what they are trying to stop.  I've read Italy is so overwhelmed that some hospitals will no treat you if you are over 60.

2 hours ago, Gazza said:

This doesn't have those backstops, so it has the potential to overwhelm the  healthcare system if allowed to spread quickly, which causes indirect deaths because people with all your regular illnesses and injuries can't get access for proper treatment.

This!!! This is a key point that needs greater awareness and wider spread dissemination amongst the public. 

I'm sorry but you'll never convince me that this is all over the top bullshit. 

Most people don't get vaccinated for the flu each year and it kills more people and this is what this will become, the common flu. 

The hysteria from media, panic buying groceries and closing all these things IMO only puts a greater strain on the health care system because people sneeze and they show up at a hospital to get tested, only putting them at greater risk of being in contact with someone who could have it. 

Village have posted a statement confirming at this stage they plan to stay open.

Village Roadshow Theme Parks Open for Business

At Village Roadshow Theme Parks, the safety and wellbeing of our guests and team members is our utmost priority.

The Council of Australian Government’s advice was directed at static seated events of more than 500 people for a duration of over two hours and, based on our discussions with the State Government, the nature of our business does not apply to this advisory.

With additional stringent hygiene and safety measures in-place, we will continue to operate Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World, Wet’n’Wild, Paradise Country, Topgolf, Australian Outback Spectacular and Sea World Resort.

There have been no reported cases of COVID-19 at our properties and we undertake rigorous hygiene standards, cleaning procedures and health and safety standards including:

• A large and experienced cleaning department of over 170 Team Members
  • Updated signage on best hand washing techniques and practices
  • Reinforced vigilance in hand washing throughout our properties
  • On-site first-aid facilities with registered nurses with isolation procedure in-place
  • An increased number of hygiene hand washing stations
  • Activating Safety Alert Bulletins issued by Queensland Health
  • Displaying the latest Safety Alerts for guests to keep up to date
  • Close working relationships with emergency services

We maintain close relationships with Government and Health Authorities and will continue to monitor the situation and will provide further updates via our websites and social media when available.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Well..Enjoy the theme parks this weekend, they’ll all be closed from Monday 

Our trip is now off for this year too. 

Better safe that sorry. With no free testing in the USA, most wont bother and will go about their lives, making others susceptible. 

Our DL & DW October Trip is hanging on by a thread. 

Sorry yours has ended this way.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Whombex said:

Our DL & DW October Trip is hanging on by a thread. 

Sorry yours has ended this way.

Yeah I'm in the same vote mate, me and the old man brought air fairs and tickets for Star Wars Celebration Anaheim in August and where second guessing weather to go or not.

Spewing if it does get canned was looking forward to finally checking out galaxy edge.

• Like 1

• Richard changed the title to Coronavirus and theme parks
  • Richard locked this topic