Coronavirus and theme parks

Surprised they think there is a chance they can recommence shows on March 31st.

LUNA PARK TO CLOSE TEMPORARILY DUE TO COVID-19
March 19, 2020
Luna Park Sydney confirmed today that Sydney’s best loved Amusement Park would be closed temporarily, until further notice, effective immediately.
“In line with the Federal Government’s national response to COVID-19, Luna Park Sydney has ceased operations temporarily and is currently closed to the public,” the company said.
“The closure will not affect functions to be held at venues at the Park that cater for fewer than 100 patrons, as stipulated by the Government.
“We will keep the community informed with up-to-date information via social media and on our website: www.lunaparksydney.com.”

Edited by Jordan M.

5 minutes ago, Jobe said:

Think you will find that will be for functions that have already been booked- weddings etc as long as they fall under the current guidelines.

All shows have been cancelled at the Big Top.

I think YOU will find he was commenting on the AOS post above that said closure was until 31/3

3 minutes ago, gavinfulikes said:

Arident’s Main Event Entertainment has temporarily closed because of COVID-19.

AD7F49CE-FA63-43C1-9820-EBE389750694.jpeg

'Obligation as a business leader in america. australia can get fucked'

2 minutes ago, AlexB said:

I think YOU will find he was commenting on the AOS post above that said closure was until 31/3

Yeah ok. Not sure why he stated that above the quote for LPS shutting down though. That seems a bit misleading. Possibly should have been clearer in the intent if he was drawing comparison. All good.

Edited by Jobe

35 minutes ago, Jobe said:

Yeah ok. Not sure why he stated that above the quote for LPS shutting down though. That seems a bit misleading. Possibly should have been clearer in the intent if he was drawing comparison. All good.

As AlexB stated, was in comment to the post above. I attempted to post the LPS statement as a separate post but the forum software combined it, apologies for the confusion. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jordan M. said:

As AlexB stated, was in comment to the post above. I attempted to post the LPS statement as a separate post but the forum software combined it, apologies for the confusion. 

All good mate..I was skimming quickly and it looked like not unreasonably that your comment was referring your below quote. Cheers for clearing it up.👍

• Like 1

In theme park adjacent news....

Due to the government ban on non-essential mass gatherings of greater than 100 people, SkyPoint will limit its visitation capacity to 80 guests at one time, effective Wednesday 18 March until later advised. 

This will be closely monitored by SkyPoint’s Guest Services team members upon guest entry and takes into account team members who will be working at the premises at the one time, as well as people taking part in the SkyPoint Climb. 

The new restrictions are in line with the most recent updates from government authorities, with imposed restrictions on mass gatherings of 100 people or greater.

We encourage you to practice social distancing measures (maintaining a distance of 1.5 metres between each other) and encourage you to use hand sanitiser which is available at front entry and on the Observation Deck.

They also have cancelled their "SkyHigh Cinema" they were planning to run April 14-19.

Edited by Jordan M.

On 19/03/2020 at 12:21 PM, Skeeta said:

Village.JPG.534d90b33800cdc6b13ea60736e2a55e.JPG

So while Senior executive salaries & bonuses are to be reduced at VTP, the actual every day Employee's (Gardens, Maintenance, Operations, Retail, F&B etc) are asked to consider taking a break -and in most cases that will be at their own expense? Hmm.. 

Gee, doesn't it make you feel good to know that the top 1% of Business (like MW) are always looking out for what's best for them? 

..and by them I don't mean you!

1 hour ago, MickeyD said:

So while Senior executive salaries & bonuses are to be reduced at VTP, the actual every day Employee's (Gardens, Maintenance, Operations, Retail, F&B etc) are asked to consider taking a break -and in most cases that will be at their own expense? Hmm.. 

Gee, doesn't it make you feel good to know that the top 1% of Business (like MW) are always looking out for what's best for them? 

..and by them I don't mean you!

Is happening in most businesses. Everyone at QANTAS is on forced leave, if you have no annual leave then it’s leave without pay. 

The company I work for has had 98% of my Projected revenue stripped away in the last 2 weeks, and need to move to a 3 day working week with 2 day’s annual leave as of next week, and I’m the state manager. FT & PT are on mandatory leave, casuals are gone. 

Yip I hear you @Brad2912. As someone who has been part of the Flight Centre Travel Group for the last 15 years, I don't need to tell you how south things have gone there these last couple of weeks. It's hard to keep positive in this shit show of a world we live in right now. Even Disney have reportedly suspended projects at this stage. Disney of all business!

Oh and a little tip - might be worth checking your Superannuation. Just this week I had lost over 40k in a matter of a few days. If you have a super fund that has been heavily investing in the Stock market (like mine was) you might want to change it over to cash before you lose anymore! 

I am most certainly not the only person out there who has copped this, just some friendly advice 😀

8 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Yep it’s shit all around for a hell of a lot of people. I don’t want to imagine what the country will look like in 3 months is this is still continuing (which is likely) 

Or even 6 mths which will take us just to the end of Winter.

I think Aussies will be a hard bunch to conform to the new distance measures. We love our freedom so this will be a big test. Getting out to the great outdoors & wide open Country areas will no doubt become hot Tourist spots for millions over the next 2 Holiday seasons.

Seeing that MW is now planning closure I think it will be very soon that all major Parks will close, along with other Tourism operator's.

How do you practice social distancing of 4 sq metres in Q's & on the rides themselves? All rides would only be able to seat 1 per row etc and many slides across both waterparks simply couldn't run at all.

Here's hoping for a vaccine - even just a treatment for COVID-19 (like Tamiflu in the case of swineflu) soon. Like you said @Brad2912 imagine what this will look like in 3 months time..

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Is happening in most businesses. Everyone at QANTAS is on forced leave, if you have no annual leave then it’s leave without pay. 

Not quite. Qantas executives are taking NO pay, not REDUCED pay.

given the remuneration in the VRTP annual report I’m sure all the executives can afford to forgo their salary for the rest of the financial year.

16 hours ago, MickeyD said:

) you might want to change it over to cash before you lose anymore

If you’re not retiring anytime soon, seek some advice before acting. If you ditch the stock strategy, the fund will ditch the stock, making a permanent loss.

when stock prices go up, you won’t be holding them. If you retain the shares in the fund (by staying in a stock strategy), when they go up (and most of them will) your losses will reduce.

best advice: before changing super strategies, seek financial advice from a professional advisor.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MickeyD said:

Yip I hear you @Brad2912. As someone who has been part of the Flight Centre Travel Group for the last 15 years, I don't need to tell you how south things have gone there these last couple of weeks. It's hard to keep positive in this shit show of a world we live in right now. Even Disney have reportedly suspended projects at this stage. Disney of all business!

Oh and a little tip - might be worth checking your Superannuation. Just this week I had lost over 40k in a matter of a few days. If you have a super fund that has been heavily investing in the Stock market (like mine was) you might want to change it over to cash before you lose anymore! 

I am most certainly not the only person out there who has copped this, just some friendly advice 😀

Mate u need to see a financial advisor to get some advice on finance 101

29 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Not quite. Qantas executives are taking NO pay, not REDUCED pay.

given the remuneration in the VRTP annual report I’m sure all the executives can afford to forgo their salary for the rest of the financial year.

If you’re not retiring anytime soon, seek some advice before acting. If you ditch the stock strategy, the fund will ditch the stock, making a permanent loss.

when stock prices go up, you won’t be holding them. If you retain the shares in the fund (by staying in a stock strategy), when they go up (and most of them will) your losses will reduce.

best advice: before changing super strategies, seek financial advice from a professional advisor.

What’s crappy here is the board only taking a 30 per cent cut at qantas .  Time for some people to take one for the team