Coronavirus and theme parks

The guys a wanker, full stop. He is more interested in making himself look good than for the safety of the guests or the industry’s future. I mean, honestly, before him, when did we see Village management in the media all the time? Never except for circumstances such as major ride failures (green lantern for example). 

Let him open the parks, chances are high an outbreak will occur because of it, and the guy will be hauled over the coals for it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, T-bone said:

The guys a wanker, full stop. He is more interested in making himself look good than for the safety of the guests or the industry’s future. I mean, honestly, before him, when did we see Village management in the media all the time? Never except for circumstances such as major ride failures (green lantern for example). 

Let him open the parks, chances are high an outbreak will occur because of it, and the guy will be hauled over the coals for it. 

You're not wrong, he definitely comes across like a wanker. I personally believe this too. Not much that can be done about it unfortunately. Well, until someone gets sick of him ranting on facebook and fires him 

2 hours ago, T-bone said:

So a friend of mine contacted me to say Bikash Randhawa, COO of Village Roadshow Theme Parks had written to him accusing him of writing this post, and threatening legal action over defamation from this post, unless the poster posts an apology. Bikash also advised he had contacted the police already over this post. 

Whilst my personal opinion is that, an opinion of myself and only myself, I would like to formally apologise to Bikash Randhawa for my comments. I apologise for any harm caused, and I retract my statement

4 minutes ago, T-bone said:

So a friend of mine contacted me to say Bikash Randhawa, COO of Village Roadshow Theme Parks had written to him accusing him of writing this post, and threatening legal action over defamation from this post, unless the poster posts an apology. Bikash also advised he had contacted the police already over this post. 

Whilst my personal opinion is that, an opinion of myself and only myself, I would like to formally apologise to Bikash Randhawa for my comments. I apologise for any harm caused, and I retract my statement

What a wanker. You can't sue someone for calling you a wanker.

1 hour ago, T-bone said:

Maybe he should spend more time planning a way out and less time on Parkz.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, T-bone said:

@Jordan M., it's funny that you should react with a fountain to this post as it was you who informed Bikash of this and then tried to rat the person out.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jdude95 said:

@Jordan M., it's funny that you should react with a fountain to this post as it was you who informed Bikash of this and then tried to rat the person out.

Actually it wasn't, I have not spoken to Bikash. But you are not the first "Golden Years" admin to make false accusations.

I used "The Fountain of Improbability" react as I have recently had to deal with some "cockwombles" (to borrow a phrase) recently including the likely user behind that account.

I was doubting the credibility of the statement 🤷‍♂️, specifically "a friend of mine".

Edited by Jordan M.

5 minutes ago, Jordan M. said:

Actually it wasn't, I used "The Fountain of Improbability" react as I have recently had to deal with some "cockwombles" (to borrow a phrase) recently including the likely user behind that account.

I was doubting the credibility of the statement 🤷‍♂️, specifically "a friend of mine".

Oh, so it's revenge motivated. Good to know. Thanks for confirming it was you :)

The limits are there for a reason. Anyone trying to push opening the parks sooner is doing so clearly because they have the wellbeing of the shareholders before that of their customers. Whilst it would be nice to see them open earlier they are a non-essential high risk business. Even if they provide a highly detailed plan of what they are doing when it comes to prevention I would be extremely cautious about visiting.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Gazza said:

Wait what did I miss?

Please keep up.

@Jdude95 has accused @Jordan M. of being a snitch.

@Jordan M. Refutes the allegations and states @Jdude95 has no proof.

@AlexB and @Jdude95 have formed a bromance after they met at the DW inquest.

@AlexB now pipes up whenever @Jdude95 is under return fire to defend @Jdude95 (some would say @AlexB even lies to coverup for his master((but not me))

@Jobe has puppy eyes for @Jdude95 with his constant positive reactions to @Jdude95 replies.

@Jdude95 hasn't noticed @Jobe advances because he only has eyes for @AlexB.

@Skeeta is no longer in a bromance with @AlexBand is open to a new relationship.

Just like any other day at Parkz I would say.

49 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

Please keep up.

@Jdude95 has accused @Jordan M. of being a snitch.

@Jordan M. Refutes the allegations and states @Jdude95 has no proof.

@AlexB and @Jdude95 have formed a bromance after they met at the DW inquest.

@AlexB now pipes up whenever @Jdude95 is under return fire to defend @Jdude95 (some would say @AlexB even lies to coverup for his master((but not me))

@Jobe has puppy eyes for @Jdude95 with his constant positive reactions to @Jdude95 replies.

@Jdude95 hasn't noticed @Jobe advances because he only has eyes for @AlexB.

@Skeeta is no longer in a bromance with @AlexBand is open to a new relationship.

Just like any other day at Parkz I would say.

And now you’re all caught up @Gazza

Currently, all theme parks are closed, but will be allowed to reopen from June 12 but only for up to 20 people unless they have an approved COVID-19 ‘safe plan’.

Village Roadshow CEO Clark Kirby, who is responsible for Sea World, Movie World and Wet ‘n’ Wild theme parks, said the lack of clarity on a timeline for an end to restrictions is leaving the parks and their staff in limbo.

“My number one priority is keeping team members on the books so we can get back to business as soon as possible,” he told The Courier Mail. “JobKeeper allows us to do that. That’s why it’s crucial that this policy is extended until the Federal Government can give us certainty.

“We need thousands of workers, many with unique skill sets to open our doors every day. It’s important that we retain these team members.”

https://www.cimbusinessevents.com.au/gold-coast-theme-parks-call-for-jobkeeper-payment-extension/

One of the first media outlets to actually report that the 20 limit is already subject to increase on a case by case basis.

<sarcasm> As per @Jdude95’s earlier comment any disagreement with VRTP management will be forwarded to them immediately </sarcasm>

4 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

You do not have to because I already have you covered.

Village Theme Parks are putting up flyers in all their ticket booths as we speak.

tumblr_inline_ou32naK8H51tg5wat_640.thumb.jpg.4378d0b4c04e97930367b6cb590f1b35.jpg

I was banned from Village a long time ago. Bikash found out I ran a DW facebook page and I haven't been allowed within 200ft of a village property since