DCR bad efficiency

21 minutes ago, ejpdtd said:

Yes I joined the queue for WWF at probably 5 past 10 after a leisurely stroll and trip to toilet after rope drop. There was about 10 guests in line with empty boats stacked up in load, I heard one of the guests complaining to the Op because they were only going to be at the park for an hour before going to WNW, I bailed because I myself was only really there for an hour or so max and just wanted to ride something. 

-Walked down to Doomsday with no intention of riding but could see guests waiting with no one on ride or signs of anyone being on the ride, fairly sure the shop was still closed here too.

-SDSC shop exit was closed so didn’t bother entering that queue because it clearly wasn’t running guests without an exit, this is maybe 10 past now. 

-Walk leisurely down main street eyeing DCR lift hill and Supes to see any trains cresting overtop - nothing.

-Then I go sit in the Superman courtyard and wait for the first cycle which was as I said about 10.15.

-Then I walk over DCR and jump in queue there, and got talking to that bloke who’s trying ride DCR 1000 time’s. Rode DCR and then went home. 

This sounds very similar to what I was experiencing. It felt like the whole park was just running at half or less speed, and was behind on everything for the day. It was EXTREMELY packed. As soon as everything opened (which mind you was at least 5-10 minutes before expected) The lines were straight away at 60 minutes and didn't show any signs of fluctuating for the rest of the day. I know their operations aren't great but like come on! They shouldn't have been understaffed because this was early Jan, I just really hope they can up their game. The only ride I was able to get on multiple times was GL but even that was running 4 trains but not the most efficient way I could tell. 

Edited by Zac Beckwith
  • Like 1

Ride operators (not supervisors) start 15 mins before park opening to do the pre-opening checks. Maintenance does the majority of everything and the ride supervisor starts 45 mins early to make sure everything is okay (For Scooby, one staff member also starts at this time to do a track walk).

Obviously things can happen to cause delays, example a fault occurs during these opening checks or whatever. So they won't have cut back the start time on staff. If we really want to talk about village efficiency... all I'm going to say is Superman with no unloader...

Running that thing with 3 staff (4 if you include the supervisor) was just a nightmare... Even with crew on their A Game you were lucky to get 10 trains launched in a hour. In the end it didn't save much money cause even on a quiet day we were often there till nearly 5:45pm!

Glad they scrapped that horrible procedure, but based on what your saying it could be coming back with a vengeance! May as well cut one of the loaders as well and have the staff member cross the train to check the second half of the harnesses! (In all seriousness, that would never happen thank god...)

• Like 1

In my experience Movie World do start admitting guests to rides at 10:00AM.

Have to agree with @Spotty on the inefficiency of running SE without a dedicated unload although not as bad as the short period they tried running without an entry host. During February most of my weekday visits had the load operator stop assigning gates to unload the train, then return to reassign gates.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jordan M. said:

In my experience Movie World do start admitting guests to rides at 10:00AM.

Have to agree with @Spotty on the inefficiency of running SE without a dedicated unload although not as bad as the short period they tried running without an entry host. During February most of my weekday visits had the load operator stop assigning gates to unload the train, then return to reassign gates.

I mean, i haven’t been to MW much because i don’t live near by, i get to go 2-3 times a year if i’m lucky, but im either really unlucky, or MW has terrible operations, because it’s never been good.