Log Ride Demolition

Ok. You seem to be confused, so let me be VERY specific.

The rides sign, at the entrance, where the word 'log ride' was positioned in big letters, just below the word 'rocky hollow' had had the words 'log ride' removed prior to February 23, when I last visited, the day before the inquest findings were handed down.

As at February 23, the words 'Rocky Hollow' were still there.

And it's still not a sign of demolition. Its just a smart thing to do when you close a ride permanently so people don't get upset when they see a sign for a ride that they can't ride, and is also why the tower of terror signage was removed off the tunnel when tower closed permanently too.

it's STILL not a sign of demolition, and it wasn't "JUST RECENTLY" when the ride has been closed for a month, and the signage had already been removed at least two weeks ago.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AlexB said:

Ok. You seem to be confused, so let me be VERY specific.

The rides sign, at the entrance, where the word 'log ride' was positioned in big letters, just below the word 'rocky hollow' had had the words 'log ride' removed prior to February 23, when I last visited, the day before the inquest findings were handed down.

As at February 23, the words 'Rocky Hollow' were still there.

And it's still not a sign of demolition. Its just a smart thing to do when you close a ride permanently so people don't get upset when they see a sign for a ride that they can't ride, and is also why the tower of terror signage was removed off the tunnel when tower closed permanently too.

it's STILL not a sign of demolition, and it wasn't "JUST RECENTLY" when the ride has been closed for a month, and the signage had already been removed at least two weeks ago.

Ah thanks for clearing that up. I haven’t been to Dreamworld for a while and I haven’t heard about the sign update until yesterday.

• 6 months later...

Ride entrance has been boarded up since its closure announcement. As for demolishing etc nothing yet. It was a sudden closure. So I doubt any replacement has been thought about. As much of an eye sore as it currently is its a lot cheaper to leave is SBNO then demolish it currently.

I think we will see it like this for some time just like Blue Lagoon.

On 20/09/2020 at 12:29 AM, Cactus_Matt said:

Blue Lagoon is still there 16 years after closing. Maybe don't get your hopes up that the Log Ride is going to be demolished any time soon.

I think some of Blue Lagoon was being used for the Big Brother House. It used to be mentioned on the map around 5 years ago, but no longer mentioned.