Park after Dark: Illusions

themagician

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jordan M. said:

Not sure if it's a technical issue, sold out or if they are considering postponing the event, but it is no longer advertised on Dreamworld.com.au.

The main page still works, however the ticket pricing/links have been removed.

All references on the event have been removed. My guess is it was postponed 

On 14/03/2020 at 11:17 AM, Rabbit2014 said:

Dreamworld says was cancelled due to low ticket sales and what’s happening with the coronavirus

On 05/03/2020 at 10:45 AM, Skeeta said:

My money is on it getting the boot because of low ticket sales.

On 05/03/2020 at 11:18 AM, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

Why, they sell out

One of these things is not like the other...

2 hours ago, AlexB said:

One of these things is not like the other...

@Gold Coast Amusement Force Had a point, they do sell out. But because of the recent coronial findings, and the coronavirus, there was just no chance it would've been a success. The timing for this event was just a poor decision overall imo..

This cancellation is purely based on Caronavirus. Compare this to every other event that has had poor ticket sales in the last month and cancellations. With almost 100% of all major events across the country now cancelled or about to cancel, this is a safe bet as to the reason. The last one 12 months ago had great ticket sales, so did Winterfest and Happy Halloween.  I do believe when they first announcedIllusions, they did have good ticket sales for the first few days until the news cycle aped up with the Caronavirus details. 

This virus has killed the events and arts industry already in the last 72 hrs. 

• Like 1

In less than 48-hours over $47 million worth of lost income has been reported by small-to-medium businesses and independent contractors who have had jobs cancelled across the creative industries, and this number is only set to grow. 10,000 gigs cancelled
84,000 people impacted and growing quicly....

not a convenient excuse... its the truth

Data collated from Australian Festival Association for reference.

• Like 2

Oh look, i've no doubt there are many industries that are legitimately hurting. One of my friends owns a food truck. His bookings for the next 6 months have just been completely canned, and there are big question marks over the deposits paid to some of these venues, and whether those venues will issue refunds of the "non-refundable" deposits.

So I get it. There are legitimate industries in pain.

But there will also be the cop outs. Like the events advertised with 4 weeks until date of event, that expect to sell out in 2 weeks, and don't, at venues that say the state government health advice means they can continue trading. Like citing the collapse of a major airline, a coronavirus, and terrorist attacks for the collapse of a poorly managed theme park that was showing signs of that poor management well before any of those events occurred.

This outbreak will devastate many industries.

It will also provide scapegoats to many others that find it a convenient excuse.

42 minutes ago, Pyro said:

not a convenient excuse... its the truth

It is both.

• Like 1