Travel tips? Six Flags Magic Mountain

I will be rolling past you in my wheelchair. 😂 

I have never pulled the disabled act and I didn’t know this was a thing until the first time I went to Disney.   I can do the child/parent swap thingamabob, but the disable act gives the whole group a free pass. and I’ve seen large groups following one disabled person.

I'm pretty certain Disney has cut back on the generosity of the DAS since the dark days of disabled guests selling themselves as tourguides arose, and i think the group has to wait in line and only the wheelchair gets backdoored, but either way....

i'll shove my walking stick into your spokes.

7 minutes ago, AlexB said:

I'm pretty certain Disney has cut back on the generosity of the DAS since the dark days of disabled guests selling themselves as tourguides arose, and i think the group has to wait in line and only the wheelchair gets backdoored, but either way....

i'll shove my walking stick into your spokes.

You can still acquire group passes but now you receive a time slot pass for rides and Disney won't issue new time slot pass until the other time slot pass has expired.  

I'm going to disagree with previous tips here from my experience, I have been twice, on two different off-peak season weekdays and the park was deserted on both occasions and I definitely did not require upcharge flash pass. The park was practically empty on my last trip on a Tuesday in September, and everything was a walk-on sans Ninja that was only running one train. It sounds like it might be a must on peak season days (school holidays) and weekends though. 

It is an annoying park to get to, my first trip I had a car and was a good hour drive from LA. Second trip I didn't have a car and really the only way there was ridesharing which was 60$ish each way. You can take public transport, but its multiple changes and hours worth of travel.

The park is a nightmare to navigate, so check out the map and avoid backtracking.

It is pretty unclear which coasters allow bags on the station and which make you put stuff in lockers, some will have lockers at the entrance and say you have to use them but then you get to the station and everyone just drops bags on station without any enforcement. In future trips, I will use the lockers more frequently as I was stressing a lot about my passport etc being stolen from the station while I was riding as most coasters run 2+ trains. 

The helpful honda express is nice to get up the mountain.

Head straight to Twisted Colussus.

Prepare to grey out on Goliath - happens every time for me.

X2 is amazing but also painful and v intense, try to sit toward the front (direction of travel) of the train and snag the inside seat. My first ride was toward the back and outside seat and my legs were bashed so hard throughout the entire ride it was not enjoyable.