Sea World Train

A.H

84C40EFA-3DD0-4057-80A5-9509C564E1EA.thumb.jpeg.2b1b239524182e3fc399b930e8bea6c1.jpeg

It started next to the sea lion theatre, went underneath the seating, went straight up the outside of the park (which gave you a view of the Broadwater and some of the backstage stuff). You them wrapped around the outside of the dolphin theatre, underneath the Corkscrew, over the stone bridge, behind the kids stage show theatre, across a pathway where the food court was and back into the station

• Like 2

I'll take early-to-mid 90's Sea World for mine (94-95)- pre-dolphin cove, pre-shark bay. When the dolphins and sea lions performed in the same arena, the ski show ran, the waterpark was a place to chill out and relax the afternoon away, when the Pirate ship loomed at the end of the lake, when Corkscrew's white loops dominated the skyline. When they served drinks with those shitty paper straws but it was a good reason to have them, even though they didn't last the whole cup. When vikings ran the long way, and when Bermuda was looking its freshest. When missing the monorail was ok because the next one would arrive in a few moments, when the train chugged around for a nice way to see the broadwater and relax in the breeze, and when the skyway would stop mid-way for the best view of the gold coast you've ever had.

They had less 'attractions' back then - especially the animal exhibits and such (sharks, polar bears, penguins, but they also used the penguin tank for a shark show too) but you could easily spend the whole day there. Riding the train, monorail, skyway, and lazing by the pool or riding the slides at the waterpark really filled the day. A sum total of about 25 minutes is spent looking at Polar Bears, Penguins, Jellyfish, Sharks etc... like, don't get me wrong, but they've taken away crowd-soaking, time consuming, relaxing attractions, put in mild thrills and 5 minute (if that) exhibits, and there isn't any substance there that keeps you occupied long enough to be willing to spend the day (*unless, that is, you're spending the time in the queues, because its busy, their operations are shit, and there are few attractions present to soak up the people.)....

I wonder when @joz's favourite Sea World Era was...

• Like 3

I’m with Alexb, Sea World was at its finest in the mid 90’s for all the reasons he has outlined above. I’d say the Sea World when Jet Rescue went in was shit. Sure great ride, but the presentation is shit, at the same time it went in Bermuda was slowly being starved of the $$$ it needed to keep it running to its prime, and hence the downfall of sea world had already begun.

Yep, however I thought throughout the ride course itself with the rocks was actually presented quite ok. Its just yeah the main part where people are being the queue and station is shit. 

Like how tough, or extra cost could it have been to build either an aged looking shed, or wooden beach shack with some old netting, boat motor hanging from the roof or anything left over SW Research & Rescue could have donated. 

• Like 1