New Movie World Plaza Screens

replace the main one, sure, but i hope they aren't removing it. While gaining Daily Planet back as theming, those side screens wouldn't be visible down main street.

In all honesty - For those who watch the parade or can't fit down the 'main' part of main street, I'd love to see them put another screen up right here:

image.thumb.png.cb570c7b115f6a44cd05de57fef97844.png

*This google street view image is proudly brought to you by @Slick

• Like 1

Disagree. You only need the screen for the parade is just a terribly designed ‘parade’ that is mostly show at daily planet. 
We’ve seen at white Christmas how a properly designed parade has no ‘feature point’ and the screen wasn’t needed at all. 
Opening up the facade would make for a much more attractive street and I hope it is removed. 

As for comments about the other screen and old tech and difficulty about connecting to it. I think that’s saying more about the skills of the people working the recent and less about the screen. It takes a standard 1080p signal over DVI. You can patch any scaler into it to input whatever you like so whoever is saying it’s difficult is telling porkies 

• Like 3

I do agree with DJ, there should be less screens. Get rid of all 3 as far as I’m concerned. 
If they are worried people won’t be able to see the masterpiece of a show/s they hold on Main Street, maybe they should hold their major shows in a show performance space with tiered seating. Novel idea hey?

The only shows that should be done on Main Street are parades, and streetmosphere style of entertainment. 

• Like 1

Personally I detest the screens at the end of the street. They block the buildings and have absolutely zero thematic cohesion to the rest of the classic 1950's Hollywood Main Street style.

Adding more screens only worsens the problem & will draw attention to the ratshit picture quality of the main one in the middle.

I do however quite like @AlexB idea to add screens down the front area - I'd prefer between Superman & Batwing so it doesn't affect the aesthetic of the buildings of Main St and again so People down the entry area can see what's going on.

• Like 1

Well all of the above is why I say it would be good if the middle screen was going. 
Because the side ones are in front of a bare concrete wall, so they don’t detract from jack squat. 
Main Street also has zero thematic cohesion to start with and hasn’t for a long time. 

• Like 2

Nice to see that old screen gone, while it served a purpose it was definitely getting a bit old and did nothing for the aesthetics of the street. Would be great if they were able to integrate the screens into the facades somehow - WB World Abu Dhabi does this particularly well with screens as "billboards" coming to life when needed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, aaronm said:

Nice to see that old screen gone, while it served a purpose it was definitely getting a bit old and did nothing for the aesthetics of the street. Would be great if they were able to integrate the screens into the facades somehow - WB World Abu Dhabi does this particularly well with screens as "billboards" coming to life when needed.

If you look a teeeeeeensy bit closer...

image.png.63c642dadd6e3b47efc7f68ff095a61d.png

2 hours ago, Jdude95 said:

Now just clear all that shit hanging off the roof and throw the on set poles in the bin and they might have something.

Why stop there? Rip all the fucking christmas lights out - from the roof and from the building facades.

I don't mind most of the poles but the ones in the middle of the plaza should go. the light trusses aren't that difficult to erect when needed - just requires riggers to be involved. it honestly ruins the look at other times (but at least they went to the trouble of ordering white fixtures)