Tailspin difficult to spin?

Aimsley81

Can anyone tell me if DW has modified the wings on Tailspin? I visited the park yesterday (first time in a couple years!) and felt like the wings don’t move as much as what I remembered them to. I used to be able to get a mad spin going for the entire ride but I couldn’t get my plane to flip once. I was in plane 3 and it was windy and still nothing 😑

^ hey I found some of them are pretty hard to get going, others not so much. The ones on the outer seem easier to spin, however before the ride even starts, some you can flick the wings & others you can't. 

Similarly with Pandamonium, only 2-3 of the cars spin quite aggressively when the direction changes half way through, while others don't change direction.

Try standing back and watching before you ride next time so you know which carriage to pick!

5 hours ago, Aimsley81 said:

Can anyone tell me if DW has modified the wings on Tailspin? I visited the park yesterday (first time in a couple years!) and felt like the wings don’t move as much as what I remembered them to. I used to be able to get a mad spin going for the entire ride but I couldn’t get my plane to flip once. I was in plane 3 and it was windy and still nothing 😑

wings were modified post TRR so it is harder to get them to spin now. It's possible, just definitely more of a challenge until you're used to it.

God why in the hell was that?

Are they saying that it was in some way unsafe to spin? If that’s the case why do you even have the ride?

Knee jerk bullshit from TRR has really stuffed up the industry in Australia. We’ll pretty much have no water rides now because of that, which is just ridiculous. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, djrappa said:

God why in the hell was that?

Are they saying that it was in some way unsafe to spin? If that’s the case why do you even have the ride?

Knee jerk bullshit from TRR has really stuffed up the industry in Australia. We’ll pretty much have no water rides now because of that, which is just ridiculous. 

Pitt and Sherry seemed to fuck so much. I don't even know how they are even certified to do half the shit they do.

• Richard changed the title to Tailspin difficult to spin?
  • 6 months later...
On 10/03/2020 at 9:09 PM, Jdude95 said:

Pitt and Sherry seemed to fuck so much. I don't even know how they are even certified to do half the shit they do.

Went on this ride yesterday and couldn't even get it to spin. I totally agree Pit and Sherry have screwed up a lot of things, was looking at the Shockwave yesterday and where they put seatbelts in seems to be cracking the surroundings where the handle bars are located. Rough as guts no care given.