What’s next for movie world

Smol bean

27 minutes ago, Taj O'Neill said:

I would want something similar to Hagrid's magical creatures motorbike adventure because that ride is so fun but i don't know what it could be based off

HMCMA is the most expansive roller coaster ever built to date: a cost Of $300 million USD

VRTP largest ever spend was $50 million AUD on the entire Atlantis project with 3 rides.  

11 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

HMCMA is the most expansive roller coaster ever built to date: a cost Of $300 million USD

VRTP largest ever spend was $50 million AUD on the entire Atlantis project with 3 rides.  

Plus where would you fit it? I haven't looked at the area size but I'm pretty sure it would be wayy to big to fit in the AA area

All valid points. At this stage I’d be happy to see something of quality from the parks first years come back into play. The park has lost its magic big time. A shame really, it once was a park that certainly bought world class attractions to the country, now? I think I’ve said enough. 

• Like 4

yeah maybe not that but something like a flying coaster or a Tron like ride instead idk i mean like the opposite side of movie world from dc rivals probably has enough space for another coaster there because there is some grass and stuff around there as you can see in the photo and they could do a ride that passes some parts of the park i mean its all up to clark Kirby i think

Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 2.35.08 pm.png

14 minutes ago, Taj O'Neill said:

yeah maybe not that but something like a flying coaster or a Tron like ride instead idk i mean like the opposite side of movie world from dc rivals probably has enough space for another coaster there because there is some grass and stuff around there as you can see in the photo and they could do a ride that passes some parts of the park i mean its all up to clark Kirby i think

Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 2.35.08 pm.png

Some grass and stuff?

i am assuming you mean the overflow carpark which is loosely planned for a hotel at some point in the future.

you cannot put a ride there. 

19 minutes ago, Gazza said:

Im not sure what I'm missing, but why is a DC themed stunt show achievable, but not Mad Max?

Mad Max is more about trucking rigs, explosions, chase sequences. It’s open world, not city based, so the entire facade would have to go. 

A DC show would be more hand to hand and physical stunt work. Finance wise it would probably take a lot less to get up and running as the physical set can be reworked but basically remain the same, they already have the costumes, they have a Batmobile. 

Id love to see Max but to execute it would be beyond what VTP would spend.

DC would also have a more broader appeal across demographics 

Edited by Brad2912

2 hours ago, Skeeta said:

Police Academy was a comedy stunt show based on a comedy movie.  The relevance to the kids was it was funny.   Mad Max is not funny.

I disagree it wasn't just because it was funny to kids. It had a easier storyline, better stunts, acting, themes and story. 

Edited by TomiJ

Does Mad Max have to be open world?

Option A is just re-do the set with rockwork over the Italian/Gold Coast/whatever they are supposed to be and just have it like some desolate canyon, with "caves" the cars come in and out of.

Option B is cover the existing buildings with lots of rusty metal and junkyard stuff....Not a city, but a "base" of sorts.

I think you guys are taking T Bone too literally. I don't think literally go and dig a pool out and rig up seaplanes, but certainly a few catwalks with hand to hand combat is feasible, and have cars instead of boats.... like they already do.

41 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

A DC show would be more hand to hand and physical stunt work. Finance wise it would probably take a lot less to get up and running as the physical set can be reworked but basically remain the same, they already have the costumes, they have a Batmobile. 

Then whats the point of having a big arena if you're not going to do explosions, car chases etc.

They  already do batmobiles and hand to hand combat out in main street.

At the very least, i think this is doable for a similar budget to what HSD1 cost, which bear in mind laid a lot of the groundwork in terms of BOH, a bigger arena, and more seating.

$10-$15m on sets and cars would go a long way.

I would disagree that DC stuff has "broad appeal" in the same sense.

The people who are into DC are already coming, and mad max, or another action IP would appeal to a different audience who perhaps haven't been to MW in a little while.

I'm not even going to get into young kids, they can have their scooby and looney tunes shows, and if you want to do something good, you cannot attempt to please everyone....If you tone it down enough for kids, it becomes a snooze fest for the actual core market of the show.

Edited by Gazza

13 minutes ago, Gazza said:

The people who are into DC are already coming, and mad max, or another action IP would appeal to a different audience who perhaps haven't been to MW in a little while.

Nobody debating MW has too much DC and that is why I would have themed Rivals to Mad Max.  GL could do with a re-theme while they are at it.

We can be honest here MW can sink all the money they want into it, but MW has run out of talent.  MW went big with Super-Villains unleashed but the area has no atmosphere and that is why I always find it near empty.

4 hours ago, AlexB said:

Most kids don't know what hollywood stunt driver is but.... oh yeah fair point.

Police Academy was long in the tooth even in the mid-90's, but it still lasted for well over another decade. Relevance to the kids doesn't matter if the show is actually good.

As a community leader Gazza, you'd know that one of the functions of the forums is that double-replies posted quickly one after the other are merged, provided nobody else comments in between....

So this part of the post i'm typing now is typed after i have submitted the first reply, but the forum software will merge this comment, provided nobody else has replied.

And this is another reply i've typed after submitting a second time to say 'damn auto correct, ooops', but still merged by the software.

Ok he couldn't figure out how to edit his post, but its actually quite easy to have the posts auto-merged without even meaning to, to have the 'auto correct' comment appear in the same post, while still being unable to figure out how to edit the original post.

Final comment to be merged in after pressing submit reply 3 times now - as a community leader, instead of haranguing the guy, you could always just edit the post to help the guy out, and helpfully point out the edit functions, rather than continuing to treat him like an idiot because you didn't know the forum would merge two separate replies...

Thanks Alexb

1 hour ago, Skeeta said:

@T-bone I look at Tesla Roadster all the time but my car is still a shitbox.  What am I doing wrong?

I said inspiration, didn’t say imagination!

The concept of the type of show Water World is, open, grungy, bigger stunts is what im referring to. Just because mad max wasn’t the countries best film, doesn’t mean the show wouldn’t work. Again look at water world, it’s an incredible show, but the movie is utter trash. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, -nick.white.1543 said:

To be honest, I don't think there is a whole lot wrong with Hollywood Stunt Driver AS A THEME. I think they could keep it if they made a new show that was actually entertaining. I liked the original show, but HSD2 is awful.

Let’s be honest, it’s an awful theme for a theme park. 

22 minutes ago, Taj O'Neill said:

in my opinion its not as Hollywood as it used to be but i don't really care there are still rides and and attractions to see and do and personally thats what matters the most

The park was meant to be a studios park when it opened. It even has the word "Movie" in it's name! You can't just say "Well, it has rides and that's what matters because I like them," because not everybody wants to ride big thrill rides. If there were more shows and parades, the park would be a lot more popular as it will appeal to a wider audience. 

26 minutes ago, Nimble said:

The park was meant to be a studios park when it opened. It even has the word "Movie" in it's name! You can't just say "Well, it has rides and that's what matters because I like them," because not everybody wants to ride big thrill rides. If there were more shows and parades, the park would be a lot more popular as it will appeal to a wider audience. 

i actually said rides and attractions not just rides smh 

• Like 1