What’s next for movie world

Smol bean

5 minutes ago, colonelbmx said:

yogi bear was terrible, I was excited for it and went in with my son who loves yogi, but even he was bored half way through, no spoiler alerts here its like watching the highlights reel of the movie. Nothing new or different made just for 4d I left disappointed 

See you set yourself up for failure by assuming you were getting new, made for 4D, content. 
it’s so much easier to be surprised by assuming the least or worst prior.... 

18 minutes ago, rappa said:

So there is a lot of talk of Golden Years for all our parks. Sea World, Dreamworld and Movie World...

I think an interesting measure would actually be for all of us to state our age at the time along with what we think of a parks golden years. 

By and large I think we all remember a lot of things much better than they really were. I for instance remember Harry Potter as being really good at MW but plenty of people tell me it was totally shit. 

would just be an interesting statistic to look at. 

My golden years was early-mid 90's Australia's Wonderland just opened the demon, space probe 7 was next, the park was still alive with characters the gardens maintained and all the rides were in their correct location, the bush beast was a monster and the Zodiac was the coolest scariest Ferris wheel around, the wizards fury screams could still be heard and riding the HMS endeavour standing up and not holding on was the thing to do.

I am 38 tho so remembering back that far its probably a bit fuzzy 

• Love it! 1

I don't know where is the best place to voice my opinion on the new Yogi Bear 4D attraction, but whilst the topic is being mentioned. I will throw in my two cents.

This is coming from a guy who saw the movie in a cinema, the 2011 Yogi Bear movie is quite a unusual choice for a 4D film. Considering this is not only the first time the movie has had an opportunity of a slight thought in someone's mind in sometime, but is the character of Yogi Bear even popular with the kids anymore? The attraction will most likely get the numbers, but surely there was better decisions to be made. 

8 hours ago, colonelbmx said:

My golden years was early-mid 90's Australia's Wonderland just opened the demon.

I am 38 tho so remembering back that far its probably a bit fuzzy 

38 here too, and i'll agree with you - the mid 90's was the time. Demon's arrival on the back of the hill had the park abuzz.

In addition, Sea World was just about to open Bermuda, the train still ran, and the ski show was showing at least twice daily. I think Sea World was improved by Dolphin Cove and Shark Bay - but I also think this was the start of the park becoming a choking mess.

For Movie World, LTRR still stood along with PASS, and the ShowStage and SFX stage still ran too. Superman is kick ass, but it is saddening what had to go for it to be built - I would have liked to have seen them refresh the SFX show with more modern films. Kitschy though it is, the Young Einstein gravity homestead was a clever little attraction for such a young park. MW can stretch a couple years later to include Wild West too.

I think Dreamworld peaked a little later, after the introduction of ToT and GD, although I didn't get to visit back in the mid 90's when I hit the other parks on the coast (wonderland was my local). I did get to ride thunderbolt, although it was old by then and I assume had gotten rougher over the years. I never saw pre-nickelodeon dreamworld so I can't judge that period.

Wet N Wild was fun in the mid-90s, but i think the early 2000's, with the install of Mammoth, Calypso and Extreme H20 were it's prime.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, colonelbmx said:

yogi bear was terrible, I was excited for it and went in with my son who loves yogi, but even he was bored half way through, no spoiler alerts here its like watching the highlights reel of the movie. Nothing new or different made just for 4d I left disappointed 

That’s basically all movie based shows from the roxy theater 

8 minutes ago, Zac Beckwith said:

I know it's probably a dumb question so don't ridicule me if it is, Do you guys think that it's possible that we see a 'final ride' ceremony for arkham? Or is the ride completely dead/non operational. 

Don’t think there is any chance at all. 
it hasn’t operated in months, and the cost to get it running for a final ride would be seen as unnecessary 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Zac Beckwith said:

I know it's probably a dumb question so don't ridicule me if it is, Do you guys think that it's possible that we see a 'final ride' ceremony for arkham? Or is the ride completely dead/non operational. 

the ride sucks so I'm going to say that there is no point in opening it again for a final ride

14 minutes ago, Zac Beckwith said:

Post 2016 there's a zero chance any Australian park would take a risk on safety, so whatever is keeping it from opening is probably going to stay that way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Smol bean said:

That’s basically all movie based shows from the roxy theater 

They were good when they were still putting money into the shows. Anyone remember when they still themed the pre show area like with  journey to the center of the earth that had the giant forest scene and shrek had the punch and judy show?

Yes Yogi... the audience was full (well covid-full) but I didnt hear a sound out of anyone the entire time. 

There are a lot of other options for 4d movies from (im assuming) the same supplier which would have been a better fit. 

Im embarrassed by the 'boganness' of the big show offerings at mw and sw... i know they are obviously marketed at that element of the guests, but jesus.... *head in hands*

Edited by aussienetman
  • Like 2

From things I have heard, it comes down to flogging a dead horse. They can keep investing in it but it's not giving the return they hoped for. Its got the novelty of being a suspended coaster and that was unique. But I believe the issues with Arkham are not train or track related.

Plus they don't want to look like Dreamworld and just take something away and have people blame COVID. So I think they believe it is better to leave it SBNO

Maybe you can only Ctrl+Alt+Del so many times.

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

On 17/08/2020 at 3:10 PM, Smol bean said:

Why do they have to wait for a “better time” to announce it i know it’s probably COVID and all but it doesn’t matter at least in my opinion 

Late to the party (been at the GC for the week)
To me, the best time to announce it is when they are ready to announce its replacement, even if they say its replacement won't open or start for a few years.