What's next for the Future of Wet 'n' Wild Gold Coast?

Rydah Hi

In all seriousness, I cannot see that happening. WNW is consistently in the Top 20 most visited Water Parks in Asia and VRTP will not be willing to lose that. Of a certainity the parks needs serious reinvestment its just a matter of when and what that looks like.  Lets hope that it is soon, because if Whitewater World steps up their game and continues to reinvest and refurb, then WNW is going to look like the very poor cousin indeed.

Wet n Wild, correct me if I am wrong, but isn'[t its position n the Top 20 simply because of the limited amount of big water parks in the world? 
WhiteWater World trumps Wet n Wild two fold. Wet n Wild Sydney trumped WNWGC as well. The park is in some serious need of investment. The only benefit in my opinion that it has over WWW is the fact that the natural vegetation has grown around the park. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, T-bone said:

Wet n Wild, correct me if I am wrong, but isn'[t its position n the Top 20 simply because of the limited amount of big water parks in the world? 

Its measured on number of people visited over the entire FY year. WNW is at number 8 for the Asia pacific region- thats an impressive number considering the level of investment that the park requires!!

image.thumb.png.cef6938a4854c3511e4ae83fa335b2ab.pngWe

WnW has always been the poor popular water park because it’s the oldest and has always been the place for teenagers to go. And the park itself looks bigger, when in fact, on slide count it is smaller. What I still like with WnW is the amount of plants and trees across the park, especially around areas like Calypso Beach. If WWW gets a lazy river and fills it with plants, so it makes it feel like you are somewhere else and not in a water park or near a road (with a school and housing near by), then it will take the park to another level. 

For a few years now I have seen WWW as the superior water park and since Fully 6 was installed and the park wide refurb, its without doubt better 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, themagician said:

WnW has always been the poor popular water park because it’s the oldest and has always been the place for teenagers to go. And the park itself looks bigger, when in fact, on slide count it is smaller. What I still like with WnW is the amount of plants and trees across the park, especially around areas like Calypso Beach. If WWW gets a lazy river and fills it with plants, so it makes it feel like you are somewhere else and not in a water park or near a road (with a school and housing near by), then it will take the park to another level. 

For a few years now I have seen WWW as the superior water park and since Fully 6 was installed and the park wide refurb, its without doubt better 

I personally think that the popularity of WnW comes down to the ease of access for people who buy the 3day 3 park passes. If movie world is more popular, then I think it would be right to assume that it would affect the attendance of WnW among tourists.

• Like 2