Dreamworks experience replacement

Smol bean

In my opinion they'll either try to renew the license or give it an IP-less retheme. A revival of the Kenny character would be a good idea for the latter. If DW try to renew it, I believe it falls through because in what universe is Comcast going to license one of their properties to a competitor.

I do not think the area will get a new IP, because there aren't many relevant and major family oriented IP's to choose from these days that don't have the theme park rights to them clawed up by Disney, Village or Universal. In fact, I can't think of any IP's off the top of my head that could take over the Dreamworks space.

Edited by Baconjack
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Smol bean said:

I didn’t say it was about to expire what I meant is when in a couple of years or so dreamworks contract gets terminated  like what happened with Nickelodeon when nick central was around what should be there when The dreamworks contract gets terminated 

Why is it getting terminated? 
A terminated contract means it’s been ceased rather than having expired or finalised. 

If it is still working for both parties, of which there is no indication of the contrary, it will just be renewed. 

Good to see another new thread. An Adams Family Haunted House would be good. Could also have a stage and do something really good like Dracula’s in Broadbeach. Dreamworld has so much potential. Just needs someone with theming imagination and dollars. 

4 minutes ago, Greg said:

Good to see another new thread. An Adams Family Haunted House would be good. Could also have a stage and do something really good like Dracula’s in Broadbeach. Dreamworld has so much potential. Just needs someone with theming imagination and dollars. 

Ok but how does that apply to the overall kids zone? The suspended coaster, bumper cars, pandamonium, sword swing, ball play area etc....Is that all Adams Family?

If your looking for a refresh in the kids area, this is just an idea. You’ll still have ABC and Wiggles area (plus the expansion coming) if not than they have HEAPS of land to build an Adams Family Haunted House. I also think they are Universal characters as well, so be much easier to get.

15 hours ago, Zac Beckwith said:

3 threads made in 12 hours, that’s got to be a new record

Nope. To be honest, we've seen way crazier thread-creation-records here on Parkz in the past.

If the threads are engaging, why not? if they aren't - they'll die quietly like a certain TV channel changing 7 years ago thread that was recently created... ;)

15 hours ago, Baconjack said:

In my opinion they'll either try to renew the license or give it an IP-less retheme. A revival of the Kenny character would be a good idea for the latter. If DW try to renew it, I believe it falls through because in what universe is Comcast going to license one of their properties to a competitor.

The thing about that - is if they don't have a presence in the market, this gives them one. There's no Universal in Australia, so having Dreamworld host Dreamworks (which is quite fitting) is a way to keep your product relevant in the market.

No doubt there will be a termination clause should they decide to bring the product to Oz under their own banner, but until such time as that happens, its a great way to keep the characters relevant.

14 hours ago, Greg said:

If your looking for a refresh in the kids area, this is just an idea. You’ll still have ABC and Wiggles area (plus the expansion coming) if not than they have HEAPS of land to build an Adams Family Haunted House. I also think they are Universal characters as well, so be much easier to get.

ABC and Wiggles are targeted at the younger demographic. Toddlers to 4yo. Dreamworks is for the older market. You can't expect 6-10 year olds to enjoy big red car - and ABC and Wiggles came AFTER Nick Central \ Dreamworks. They were complimentary - so they can't be a substitute.

If Addams Family (two d's) is under the Universal banner - then what makes that any more or less attainable than Dreamworks? they're all in the same stable, so why not just keep Dreamworks since its already themed and built and save a bunch of money?

15 hours ago, Gazza said:

Ok but how does that apply to the overall kids zone? The suspended coaster, bumper cars, pandamonium, sword swing, ball play area etc....Is that all Adams Family?

i think if they had an Addams family haunted house it would most likely be for the halloween event 

Edited by Taj O'Neill

16 minutes ago, Taj O'Neill said:

i think if they had an Addams family haunted house it would most likely be for the halloween event 

But if such Addams Family Haunted House attraction was to ever exist

Wouldn’t you want it where Kevil has been SBNO for two years instead of Dreamworks?

Edited by Adventures With JWorld

1 minute ago, Gazza said:

Ok cool but the topic was talking about the Dreamworks Experience, not random ideas for Halloween.

i know 

4 minutes ago, Adventures With JWorld said:

But if such Addams Family Haunted House attraction was to ever exist

Wouldn’t you want it where Kevil has been SBNO for two years instead of Dreamworks?

yeah that might actually be a good idea 

13 minutes ago, Jordan M. said:

Only if it opened as a Haunted House to be changed into a Laser Tag on a later date 😛

And if only DW weren’t changing that side of the park as much as Australia changing prime minsters or me going through a new pack of underwear 

Edited by Adventures With JWorld