COVID-19 & Theme Park Closures

Slick

I must have slipped into a coma and missed it all as I didn’t see pages of crap.

I saw a couple of unsavoury comments and accusations that sure, overstepped a boundary and deserved to be deleted, but from my memory there was a solid amount of good, informative content prior to that, and even with it....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, djrappa said:

I don't really understand...

You're saying we take action without communicating up front. Are you suggesting we should post in a thread saying "hey please don't carry on with nonsense about a COO or we'll delete it" so that if people do that, and we delete it then it's up front? I mean how does that work?

(Snip)

Your post above talks about someones actions in running the park. That is very different to calling them a wanker because you didn't like what they said to you one time.

(Snip)

Regarding upfront, the post was removed, and in its place Slick posted a very long and thoughtful post (including time stamps and a commitment to update it as things developed) with a vague footnote about doxxing, which I know some people had to google.

what I mean is - acknowledge the actions upfront. It’s a couple sentences which explain where the admin team is at rather than pretending nothing happened except in a vague footnote:

“Guys, things are getting too personal and we don’t feel this is suited to Parkz. We’ve removed the whole thread for expediency rather than spend all night filtering all the bad words.

We may restore and move the more valuable contributions into this thread at a later date if we have time, But for now, removing the thread was a quick fix to put a stop to the crap that was crossing the line.

If anyone wants to continue the personal attacks, take it elsewhere as it doesn’t meet our guidelines. contact <admin> if you want to discuss further - don’t derail another thread“

I mean shit - I’ve already drafted it for you, so now all you gotta do is copy paste in the future.

and ok, fair point on pressler/Eisner. So we can say Eisner ran the parks like a bit of a dickhead at the end of his tenure, but we can’t say Eisner is a dickhead? Gotcha.

1 hour ago, Richard said:

The point you reference has been there many years verbatim and you'll have agreed to it in the past when we've updated the T&Cs. The only change to the terms and conditions was this one sentence: You may not dox or share another person's personal or private information on Parkz.

Yes I knew that that particular point has been there a while. I also knew something had changed, it just wasn’t clear what it was.

my point though, was the point I was referencing was a catch-all. You can do as you please. You aren’t answerable to anyone and it is your private site. And we can’t complain.

all we can do if we don’t like how it is being managed is choose to use the service, or not.

The addition of the “private info or doxxing” is interesting. I know, for example that Push was doxxed by someone once, and his profile and IRL name was published, and later removed. 
that was bad.

likewise, I had to private message a moderator after they doxxed me - that is, they used my IRL name on the forum also. It was quickly rectified and I’m sure minimal damage was done.”, which I appreciate.

i don’t know what information was shared or about who overnight (I’m rarely active outside daytime hours), I just hope we aren’t giving the definition of doxxing too wide a definition.

I came up with several examples to demonstrate my point but each draft could be taken to be inflammatory or argumentative and that’s not what I’m trying to do here, so I’ll leave it at that and if anyone wants more info about what I mean, feel free to PM.

• Like 2

Welcome @Bikash Randhawa, it’s nice to see a civil side to you. Putting differences aside, it’s good to see a park rep join a discussion here. Hopefully you stick around and show more of this side. I think a lot of people will appreciate seeing the more human side of the COO. 

Maybe one day we could sit down for beers or something? 🤝

• Like 1

I think all parks need to look to do what they can that is within the rules and ways to build public confidence in their management of crowds.

There's some pretty obvious solutions to a partial reopen of at least SeaWorld and that is just make it so people can view the various exhibits only in a structured walk through.  Let 20 guests in every 15 minutes from 10am to 4pm and you can get about 480 people through in a day.  Similar could be done with Paradise Country, Dreamworld, Currumbin and other similar places.  Also a great time for behind the scenes tours to be conducted in groups like this.  Maybe it would only be practical for a couple of days a week.

Sure things like this aren't much compared to normal business but JobKeeper is subsidising a lot of staff wages to get the doors open in the first place.  The extra cost of doing something like this would be super payments and some hand sanitiser.

Crowds of 5,000 aren't going to be allowed anywhere, anytime soon and the only way venues will be allowed to have that many is through building public confidence in how venues manage that.  That means starting at the smallest possible number which is 20 and building from there.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Smol bean said:

I bet aa will still be under maintenance by the time movie world opens. knowing what village have been doing to aa for the past few months of delay after delay 

I really don’t think AA will open again, ever. She’s had her last circuit. 
She’s moved into CorkSeaScrewViper territory where upkeep and maintenance now exceeds any ROI, especially with the massive revenue hit parks are facing this year 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

I really don’t think AA will open again, ever. She’s had her last circuit. 
She’s moved into CorkSeaScrewViper territory where upkeep and maintenance now exceeds any ROI, especially with the massive revenue hit parks are facing this year 

I guess brad is the man behind the slaughter 

1 hour ago, Smol bean said:

I guess brad is the man behind the slaughter 

...because he's the latest in a long line of people to firmly and publicly state Arkham won't return?

I don't know what the latest playground lingo is mate - but here, it'd be really sick if you could talk normally - you know - like adults do.

• Like 2

Let me translate to the non-generation z's, he is referring to a meme for a horror game 'Five Nights at Freddy's' that was so successful that it had a particular long line of sequels and spin-offs. 

I'm not sure on the meme he is referring to, i just know the game was popular a couple of years back.

I expect payment by the end of the month.